FAQ: new achievements & XP system

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Marphod

Re: FAQ: new achievements & XP system

Post by Marphod »

Any chance we can get real descriptions for the various achievements?

For instance, I just got Globetrotter, and I have no idea why. I've played games in several US states, and around a dozen different nations, but only in Norway for the last 6 months, so I have to assume it is a new achievement, but no useful description, so I've no idea.

Relatedly: How do you see what non-game-specific awards a user has?
And: Is there a way to browse the available awards other than going to to the raw url? (https://boardgamearena.com/award?award=## where ## is 1 to 160-something)
And: Given the Award system will have been in beta for 2 years Real Soon Now (less than a month from today), is it ever going to leave beta?
aesche

Post by aesche »

Marphod wrote: 15 March 2022, 14:17 Relatedly: How do you see what non-game-specific awards a user has?
If you are in the achievements overview of a player, they all are listed under „BGA“ (usually the first category)
Marphod wrote: 15 March 2022, 14:17 And: Is there a way to browse the available awards other than going to to the raw url? (https://boardgamearena.com/award?award=## where ## is 1 to 160-something)
There once was a forum post that tried to collect them all and give some further information. Should be in this subforum, and you should be able to find it with the search function. Other than that: No.

For the rest: good questions.
zabou77

Post by zabou77 »

je voudrais jouer à la belote merci de faire le necessaire bonne journée
Zwollywood

Post by Zwollywood »

I somehow lost xp. Does anyone knows how that's possible? I think last week I had 381k, and now I'm at 379k. I lost 2k xp somewhere. Maybe some achievements disapeared?
frogstar_A

Post by frogstar_A »

Zwollywood wrote: 31 May 2022, 13:12 I somehow lost xp. Does anyone knows how that's possible? I think last week I had 381k, and now I'm at 379k. I lost 2k xp somewhere. Maybe some achievements disapeared?
I lost XP when they stopped allowing competeitve achievements for letter Tycoon- it removed my expert assassin one for exa please, but it's very rare

Note that rounding can affect it- sometimes on the top right my XP shows as 1k higher than my profile page as it seems one rounds up and one rounds down! But can't explain 2k difference
emmajames91

Post by emmajames91 »

I like it! Are you going to add levels too? We cannot have XP without levels :mrgreen:
BiCKaPPiK

Post by BiCKaPPiK »

Looks like there is no possibility to see ALL achievements for game or common achievements. It would be great to see all available ones. Just to try to get them.

Is it in future plans maybe?
sp4nishlab

Post by sp4nishlab »

I recently received the World Elo Achievement in PARKS but only received 15,000 XP when past winners received 30,000 XP. Does anyone know why this is the case? https://boardgamearena.com/award?game=1479&award=33
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

I think the amount of XP depends on the number of active players. Despite of the "all-time" label of the ranking, it's only the players who have played the game at least once in the last 2 months or so.
Bob9253

Post by Bob9253 »

BiCKaPPiK wrote: 13 July 2022, 13:59 Looks like there is no possibility to see ALL achievements for game or common achievements. It would be great to see all available ones. Just to try to get them.

Is it in future plans maybe?
+1.

What news are planned and when ?

Return to “Discussions”