FAQ: new achievements & XP system

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Kincajou

Re: FAQ: new achievements & XP system

Post by Kincajou »

I just wanted a way to stop the achievements!
MasterMystery

Post by MasterMystery »

what do the XP for arena achievements depend on? For an easy to achieve 7 wonders i get tons of ark nova is really not giving much
frogstar_A

Post by frogstar_A »

MasterMystery wrote: 02 June 2023, 10:52 what do the XP for arena achievements depend on? For an easy to achieve 7 wonders i get tons of ark nova is really not giving much
It usually depends on how many people play the game

However for brand new games it is often the minimum level for the first season, I don't know why
MasterMystery

Post by MasterMystery »

ah ok that with new games low xp i didnt know, cause its the most played game currently
Stuff by Bez

Post by Stuff by Bez »

Why does the achievement page say, "
WARNING: Beta version

We are currently improving the achievements/XP system. This page will evolve in the coming weeks. Read more about this"

and then link here?

This thread seems to suggest that it's been enough time that 'coming weeks' isn't really an appropriate time measure...
Zalasta

Post by Zalasta »

Why are there so much inconsistencies in how the “First Victory” is awarded? I got some of them from games that were abandoned (like Tichu), but not others (Catan). I also don’t seem to get it in a tied game that has no tie breaker. If the game result indicate that it was a victory, it should just be treated as such for all achievements.
LadySan

Post by LadySan »

Stuff by Bez wrote: 21 June 2023, 16:31 Why does the achievement page say, "

We are currently improving the achievements/XP system. This page will evolve in the coming weeks. Read more about this"

and then link here?

This thread seems to suggest that it's been enough time that 'coming weeks' isn't really an appropriate time measure...
I was thinking the same thing. I clicked on that link and ended up here because I was wondering how the improvements were coming. But there are no answers here. I've been on BGA for awhile. I think that would add another fun element if it gets figured out.
katcrowder

Post by katcrowder »

LadySan wrote: 29 July 2023, 17:04
Stuff by Bez wrote: 21 June 2023, 16:31 Why does the achievement page say, "

and then link here?

I was thinking the same thing. I clicked on that link and ended up here because I was wondering how the improvements were coming. But there are no answers here. I've been on BGA for awhile. I think that would add another fun element if it gets figured out.
Agreed.
Solinete

Post by Solinete »

I would like to see if there are changes in the points awarded.
Three times in a row I lost several points, atound 7k in total.
And now I noticed that they decrease the points for Rallyman GT.

I would like to see the adjustments in public so I would be informed.
For example, if one achievement grant 150 points and next day 50 points, I would like to see it in some place to know the changes or adjustments instead of thinking that BGA are erasing my xp purposely.
la_bretonne

Post by la_bretonne »

Hi, the notice for ongoing changes in achievements has been displayed for a while, now. Maybe you have done the meant changes and forgot to remove this notice?
it appears on each achievement (badge) page ... and "know more" brings us here. :)

Return to “Discussions”