FAQ: new achievements & XP system

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Grey Lord

Re: FAQ: new achievements & XP system

Post by Grey Lord »

Icedlake wrote: 01 March 2022, 08:25 Same issue for me in Shifting Stones.I recently reached the 6th position and I got neither the Top 20 achievement nor the Top 10.
And I didn't get other achievements in other games too.
So you say there's no hope of fixing this?
Shifting Stones are still in Beta. I think there are no Top achievemens until game is officialy released. Definitely you need to have at least 300 ELO for Top X Achievements.
aesche

Post by aesche »

Grey Lord wrote: 01 March 2022, 12:05
I think there are no Top achievemens until game is officialy released.
Definitely you need to have at least 300 ELO for Top X Achievements.
2nd cause. 1st should be too, but sadly isnt, leading to quick ppl being stuck with cheap rewards forever, see a few posts ago.
Icedlake

Post by Icedlake »

Grey Lord wrote: 01 March 2022, 12:05
Icedlake wrote: 01 March 2022, 08:25 Same issue for me in Shifting Stones.I recently reached the 6th position and I got neither the Top 20 achievement nor the Top 10.
And I didn't get other achievements in other games too.
So you say there's no hope of fixing this?
Shifting Stones are still in Beta. I think there are no Top achievemens until game is officialy released. Definitely you need to have at least 300 ELO for Top X Achievements.
Thx for answering. It could be as you say but, for instance, playing Splendor (which is not BETA) I just reached Elo 100 and I didn't get the relative achievement. And there are other examples of course.
Alas, in the end I think there's definitely something to fix.
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

That's the same aesche said: You need 300 ELO to get the rank achievements.
Both rank (1st, top 10...) and level (Regular, Good, etc. player) achievements you can get in beta games.
aesche

Post by aesche »

Jellby wrote: 01 March 2022, 19:56 That's the same aesche said: You need 300 ELO to get the rank achievements.
Both rank (1st, top 10...) and level (Regular, Good, etc. player) achievements you can get in beta games.
No, sorry, not really what I said ;)
It would make zero sense if the ELO 100 achievement only were handed out when reaching ELO 300.
In this case it actually is an unlucky rounding error: your precise ELO is 99.96, and therefor not 100, so not totally there yet.
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

That's not what I said you said :D

I think you said that "Top X" achievements are only granted once you reach 300 ELO (and that they should require the game out of beta, but they don't).

I said that you need 300 ELO to get rank (i.e. "Top X") achievements, and that they're given for beta games too.
Icedlake

Post by Icedlake »

aesche wrote: 01 March 2022, 20:17
Jellby wrote: 01 March 2022, 19:56 That's the same aesche said: You need 300 ELO to get the rank achievements.
No, sorry, not really what I said ;)
It would make zero sense if the ELO 100 achievement only were handed out when reaching ELO 300.
In this case it actually is an unlucky rounding error: your precise ELO is 99.96, and therefor not 100, so not totally there yet.
Ouch, you're right, I didn't notice I was at 99.96. That explains everything.
Thank you all for answering and sorry for bothering :)
George_FnG

Post by George_FnG »

frogstar_A wrote: 28 February 2022, 22:33
George_FnG wrote: 27 February 2022, 01:57 @sourisdudesert Request/Suggestion/Recommendation...

For the [Top 1 Elo], I recommend you split it into two:

If you get [Top 1 Elo] in a game, then you earn the trophy [ELO GrandMaster in NameOfGame] Trophy. (This is a direct replacement for what you have.)

In addition, when you have the [Top 1 Elo], you get a [Top 1 Elo YYYY in NameOfGame], where YYYY is the year... in this way, if you're a "consistent GM" you still have something to work for year-to-year. :D

Note: Also, there should be a 'minimum number' of both games played && players.... "before" any [Top/GM ELO] awards are given per game.
Doesn't the Arena league already give good players something new to aim for? It resets each quarter so there are four opportunities each year to win more XP?
XP's XP... an anonymous pile of "gold / adventurer loot" == boring

Trophies == I'm good at this game or that game for the last 10 yrs ( with my suggestion )
frogstar_A

Post by frogstar_A »

George_FnG wrote: 01 March 2022, 23:13
frogstar_A wrote: 28 February 2022, 22:33
George_FnG wrote: 27 February 2022, 01:57 @sourisdudesert Request/Suggestion/Recommendation...

For the [Top 1 Elo], I recommend you split it into two:

If you get [Top 1 Elo] in a game, then you earn the trophy [ELO GrandMaster in NameOfGame] Trophy. (This is a direct replacement for what you have.)

In addition, when you have the [Top 1 Elo], you get a [Top 1 Elo YYYY in NameOfGame], where YYYY is the year... in this way, if you're a "consistent GM" you still have something to work for year-to-year. :D

Note: Also, there should be a 'minimum number' of both games played && players.... "before" any [Top/GM ELO] awards are given per game.
Doesn't the Arena league already give good players something new to aim for? It resets each quarter so there are four opportunities each year to win more XP?
XP's XP... an anonymous pile of "gold / adventurer loot" == boring

Trophies == I'm good at this game or that game for the last 10 yrs ( with my suggestion )
The Arena league DOES give trophies for the winner, top 5, top 10 etc

Seems more interesting really than a stream of Top 1 ELO
SkylineStudio9876

Post by SkylineStudio9876 »

I recently found that my XP was reducing from 7958 XP to 7742 XP, why did it happen?

Return to “Discussions”