Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
T72on1

Re: FAQ: new achievements & XP system

Post by T72on1 »

Palapapa wrote: 25 January 2022, 11:51
frogstar_A wrote: 03 January 2022, 00:10
dr icarus wrote: 29 December 2021, 02:11 Regarding ties during a win streak: what about when another player abandons the game and gets kicked out? When this happens in a three-or four- player game, the remaining players automatically tie. How is it fair to punish the remaining players by having this game count against their win streaks? BGA should treat such games like training mode games; that is, they shouldn't count for or against a winning streak.
I totally agree. It happens very frequently, even in the Arena, for there to be a "no show" player - and I have certainly had winning streaks broken by this as well, and it is annoying because it's totally out of your control. You could win 49 games in a row, but if any of the players doesn't show for Game 50 your streak is off. Ridiculous. I agree with you Dr Icarus that games which don't finish should just be ignored, not count as a tie that breaks the streak.
+1
Another +1 from me as well.
Duckie001

Post by Duckie001 »

Bij mijn spellen hangt een spel Azul. Kan geen stap meer doen, maar ook niet afsluiten.
Spel begon al met vreemde grijze vlakken.
Tafel #235997952
Zet #33

Groet Ducky
gomorycut

Post by gomorycut »

spamymaps wrote: 12 January 2022, 17:43 What are the requirements for the play 100 games at the same time? I've had over 100 turn based games going since yesterday and I haven't seen this achievement yet.
I'm also currently in 110+ turn-based games simultaneously, and I have none of the simultaneous achievements... I came across them when I was browsing the achievements of a high-XP account (listed/ranked on the BGA main page). Do the simultaneous game achievements exist any more? Or is this a bug? I cannot find a list of current achievements either, and I see a number of people have asked if there is one.

It seems that the achievement/XP system was revamped in 2020 and has been given little-to-no attention since then. Also, it probably shouldn't be called 'new' if it is unchanged since 2020.
Palapapa

Post by Palapapa »

How does it work for a XP trophy to be updated?

I won TOP1 trophy at Loco Momo a few days ago for 15k XP. Now it is 30k XP for 1rst. Somebody gets 1rst so i'm 2nd, I win a game and become 1rst again, but no XP udpate. Still 15K
I thought those could be updated when threshold for more XP points are reached, am I wrong?
Do i need to go out of the top 20?
aesche

Post by aesche »

Palapapa wrote: 17 February 2022, 14:55 How does it work for a XP trophy to be updated?

I won TOP1 trophy at Loco Momo a few days ago for 15k XP. Now it is 30k XP for 1rst. Somebody gets 1rst so i'm 2nd, I win a game and become 1rst again, but no XP udpate. Still 15K
I thought those could be updated when threshold for more XP points are reached, am I wrong?
It never will be updated. Longgoing issue noone from BGA seems to care about.
Palapapa

Post by Palapapa »

aesche wrote: 17 February 2022, 16:28
Palapapa wrote: 17 February 2022, 14:55 How does it work for a XP trophy to be updated?

It never will be updated. Longgoing issue noone from BGA seems to care about.
That is really bad and disappointing.
BGA developpers, you need to do something about this ASAP.

This XP udpate with arena mode has been an excellent change in BGA so please fix thi so that everything is logical.
George_FnG

Post by George_FnG »

@sourisdudesert Request/Suggestion/Recommendation...

For the [Top 1 Elo], I recommend you split it into two:

If you get [Top 1 Elo] in a game, then you earn the trophy [ELO GrandMaster in NameOfGame] Trophy. (This is a direct replacement for what you have.)

In addition, when you have the [Top 1 Elo], you get a [Top 1 Elo YYYY in NameOfGame], where YYYY is the year... in this way, if you're a "consistent GM" you still have something to work for year-to-year. :D

Note: Also, there should be a 'minimum number' of both games played && players.... "before" any [Top/GM ELO] awards are given per game.
George_FnG

Post by George_FnG »

T72on1 wrote: 25 January 2022, 11:54
Palapapa wrote: 25 January 2022, 11:51
frogstar_A wrote: 03 January 2022, 00:10

I totally agree. It happens very frequently, even in the Arena, for there to be a "no show" player - and I have certainly had winning streaks broken by this as well, and it is annoying because it's totally out of your control. You could win 49 games in a row, but if any of the players doesn't show for Game 50 your streak is off. Ridiculous. I agree with you Dr Icarus that games which don't finish should just be ignored, not count as a tie that breaks the streak.
+1
Another +1 from me as well.
Ditto +1
frogstar_A

Post by frogstar_A »

George_FnG wrote: 27 February 2022, 01:57 @sourisdudesert Request/Suggestion/Recommendation...

For the [Top 1 Elo], I recommend you split it into two:

If you get [Top 1 Elo] in a game, then you earn the trophy [ELO GrandMaster in NameOfGame] Trophy. (This is a direct replacement for what you have.)

In addition, when you have the [Top 1 Elo], you get a [Top 1 Elo YYYY in NameOfGame], where YYYY is the year... in this way, if you're a "consistent GM" you still have something to work for year-to-year. :D

Note: Also, there should be a 'minimum number' of both games played && players.... "before" any [Top/GM ELO] awards are given per game.
Doesn't the Arena league already give good players something new to aim for? It resets each quarter so there are four opportunities each year to win more XP?
Icedlake

Post by Icedlake »

Same issue for me in Shifting Stones.I recently reached the 6th position and I got neither the Top 20 achievement nor the Top 10.
And I didn't get other achievements in other games too.
So you say there's no hope of fixing this?

Return to “Discussions”