Zombie mode now supported

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Woodruff

Zombie mode now supported

Post by Woodruff »

Hi everybody,

Just to inform you that now, when a player leaves a Toc game while it is not finished (either willingly or because they have run out of time and was kicked), it is now possible to finish the game without them if you wish: you are not compelled to quit the game. As for any other game that support that feature, you still be winner no matter what and you are not forced to play the game until the end. You do as you prefer.

(For English non-speakers as mothertongue, they refers to the player who left: it's the singular neutral gender pronoun; it replaces he/she. The possessive their is used accordingly.)

Quick indication about the automatic action taken in place of the player who left (aka the zombie player):
  • If they would play or discard a card, they discard a card randomly chosen by the system in their hand. Note: if a 10 is discarded that way, it does not force the next player to discard, no matter what (that's a exception to the normal rule: I consider that a player leaving should be as much neutral as possible, hence that choice for the adaptation).
  • If they would continue a seven move, they stop their move instead.
  • If they would need to choose a card for exchange, it is randomly chosen by the system in their hand.
  • In any other case not listed, the player does nothing.
I edited both the English ad the French wiki accordingly. Feel free to check that and modify if unsatisfied.

Don't hesitate to post a bug report if you see something wrong with it or if your table crashes anyway.

Thanks a lot!
Enjoy your games and take care of yourself,

Woodruff
Woodruff

Re: Zombie mode now supported

Post by Woodruff »

In addition to that, in response of bug: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=16382
The player potential blocking pawn is unlocked as soon as it would have been their turn (so immediately if he has left during their turn).
I edited the wiki game pages accordingly.

Return to “Toc”