New feature: BGA game reviewers

What's new on BGA ?
Een

New feature: BGA game reviewers

Post by Een »

Today we open a new way for the community to take part in the process to get a high quality game adaptation on BGA!

From the "Contribute to BGA" page (https://boardgamearena.com/contribute) you can now become a BGA reviewer if you are a seasoned BGA player, and discover new adaptations in "alpha" status to playtest them and provide feedback.

The list of games available for review will grow progressively as we move the games developed on BGA studio to "alpha" status. There has been a lot of activity in the studio recently! :D

Have fun and thanks for your help polishing the games to make them ready for the spotlight!

bga_reviewer.jpg
bga_reviewer.jpg (18.22 KiB) Viewed 6639 times
apollo1001

Re: New feature: BGA game reviewers

Post by apollo1001 »

Good job guys.

A small bug so far when trying to view the group for f****y:

Code: Select all

Sorry, an unexpected error has occurred...

You can't view this group: not authorized
EDIT: same true for game page:

Code: Select all

Sorry, an unexpected error has occurred...

Game not found
FINAL EDIT: same true for the other game, although worth noting I can see the bug forums for each okay.
Een

Post by Een »

Ooops indeed, I'll fix this ASAP.

Edit: fixed now, thanks!
ollyfish2002

Post by ollyfish2002 »

Hello
There is no possibility to report a bug without a table number for an unplayed game.
I have found a wrong string to translate but where to report ?
The link sends me to the classic bug report : website or game number, not a specific report to développer.
Thanks
Een

Post by Een »

Hello! Yes the system is unchanged for bug reports, you need a table number to make a report for a game.
So I'm not sure I understand well, where would that string be except in the game? On the game page? In that case, maybe post it in the game group?
apollo1001

Post by apollo1001 »

After submitting the review is it possible to keep a link to the group page please? Will make it easier to communicate with other reviewers etc.
Cheers
A.
hersh

Post by hersh »

I didn’t see the game group under “groups” tab so I quit hoping to rejoin but I don’t see a way to. Can I get re-added?

Thanks
ollyfish2002

Post by ollyfish2002 »

Een wrote: 26 April 2020, 22:08 Hello! Yes the system is unchanged for bug reports, you need a table number to make a report for a game.
So I'm not sure I understand well, where would that string be except in the game? On the game page? In that case, maybe post it in the game group?
This is the string : [comp:$componentComplex] [act:$act] [idFrom:$idFrom] [x:$x] [y:$y] [xTo:$xTo] [yTo:$yTo] [pos:$position] [fromLocation:$fromLocation]
From my point of view, it looks more for code than text, and there is nothing to translate ! Maybe I am wrong, but I would contact the developper to tell and I arrived in the bug reports where I cannot go further.
My point was : reviewers need a way to report bug or problem directly to the developper during the process of reviewing maybe inside/outside bug reports.
Shall we use the group page, the game page or something else ?
Thanks
Een

Post by Een »

apollo1001 wrote: 26 April 2020, 22:19 After submitting the review is it possible to keep a link to the group page please? Will make it easier to communicate with other reviewers etc.
Cheers
A.
Access to the group is always possible by going to the game page and clicking the link to the group under the game name ("IMPORTANT: only members of the group <Game Name> players can see and play this game.")

But we can keep the links visible too directly on the review screen, indeed it will be easier. Noted!
Een

Post by Een »

hersh wrote: 27 April 2020, 01:09 I didn’t see the game group under “groups” tab so I quit hoping to rejoin but I don’t see a way to. Can I get re-added?

Thanks
You should be able to join again the BGA reviewers group by going to https://boardgamearena.com/reviewer and clicking the button again.
Or did I misunderstand the group you were talking about?

Return to “BGA release notes”