New feature: BGA game reviewers

What's new on BGA ?
Een

Re: New feature: BGA game reviewers

Post by Een »

ollyfish2002 wrote: 27 April 2020, 07:47 My point was : reviewers need a way to report bug or problem directly to the developper during the process of reviewing maybe inside/outside bug reports.
Shall we use the group page, the game page or something else ?
Thanks
To contact the developer directly, you can use the game group page (the developer is admin of the group), or go to the developer profile page and use the BGA chat (the developer is listed on the game page; I'll also add a direct link to the developer profile on the review page to make it more convenient).

We suggest to use the bug report system in priority because it keeps things organised, and the developer gets an email when a report is submitted which is convenient. But indeed, it needs a table number.
apollo1001

Post by apollo1001 »

Een wrote: 27 April 2020, 08:38 Access to the group is always possible by going to the game page and clicking the link to the group under the game name ("IMPORTANT: only members of the group <Game Name> players can see and play this game.")
Ahh! that would do it - thanks.
Een

Post by Een »

The reviewers page has been updated. Thanks for your feedback!
hersh

Post by hersh »

Een wrote: 27 April 2020, 08:40
hersh wrote: 27 April 2020, 01:09 I didn’t see the game group under “groups” tab so I quit hoping to rejoin but I don’t see a way to. Can I get re-added?

Thanks
You should be able to join again the BGA reviewers group by going to https://boardgamearena.com/reviewer and clicking the button again.
Or did I misunderstand the group you were talking about?
When I go to that page it thinks I’m still a reviewer. But when I go to the group I get unauthorized. So when I quit the group I must have gotten into some limbo state.
Een

Post by Een »

hersh wrote: 27 April 2020, 12:46 When I go to that page it thinks I’m still a reviewer. But when I go to the group I get unauthorized. So when I quit the group I must have gotten into some limbo state.
It seems fine to me, you are a still a member and you have access to the BGA reviewers group
https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=5110878

Maybe you are talking about a game group then? For which game?
apollo1001

Post by apollo1001 »

By my maths, everyone else rated it 0 stars... Is this a bug or just my terrible implementation?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oyyciqyndelwz ... s.PNG?dl=0

If there was an overview of feedback/ratings for a developer to look at it would be awesome (I've only received one email which was essentially from myself).
Een

Post by Een »

apollo1001 wrote: 27 April 2020, 13:41 By my maths, everyone else rated it 0 stars... Is this a bug or just my terrible implementation?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oyyciqyndelwz ... s.PNG?dl=0

If there was an overview of feedback/ratings for a developer to look at it would be awesome (I've only received one email which was essentially from myself).
This is a bug :)
apollo1001

Post by apollo1001 »

Another possible idea here is to have a 'not ready yet' or 'review submitted' button (as an alternative to 'ready for release') so it Is easy to track which games one has reviewed. These could be reset on a new version being released, but would also let you as admins know that there are potentially still some minor things (and what, if you link to bug/suggestion report) needing a resolution before release, rather than simply believing that the reviewer hasn't provided a review.
DoctorPelusa

Post by DoctorPelusa »

I shall probably shut my mouth about this, but if you know who to stalk you can see their activity on the private groups ^^

PS: You can delete this message after you see it.
Een

Post by Een »

DoctorPelusa wrote: 27 April 2020, 17:49 I shall probably shut my mouth about this, but if you know who to stalk you can see their activity on the private groups ^^

PS: You can delete this message after you see it.
Yes, maybe we'll fix change that someday. At the moment we don't consider games under review a secret to protect at any cost :)
Like anything in preparation it may or may not happen, or may happen quickly or in a long time, so it doesn't say much actually.

Return to “BGA release notes”