Saboteur 2: Discard 2 to remove 1?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Geddy19

Saboteur 2: Discard 2 to remove 1?

Post by Geddy19 »

Hello all. Can anyone tell me if the following rule from Saboteur 2 has been implemented on BGA?:

- Discard two cards from your hand to remove a card in front of you...... then draw 1 card.

Thanks!
nmego

Re: Saboteur 2: Discard 2 to remove 1?

Post by nmego »

Yes, you discard 2 and then click on the card to remove under your name. Then you only draw 1 card reducing your handsize.
Geddy19

Post by Geddy19 »

nmego wrote: 05 May 2020, 04:07 Yes, you discard 2 and then click on the card to remove under your name. Then you only draw 1 card reducing your handsize.
Thank you! That’s good to know.
Brownbat

Post by Brownbat »

Yes, you discard 2 and then click on the card to remove under your name.
How specifically do you discard 2 cards?

I click on one card, and it says I can discard that card and it ends my turn. If I click on another card, it unselects the first card.

How do you select multiple cards to discard?
Geddy19

Post by Geddy19 »

Brownbat wrote: 10 June 2020, 01:18

I click on one card, and it says I can discard that card and it ends my turn. If I click on another card, it unselects the first card.

Only Saboteur 2 lets you select multiple cards (click on each card to select/deselect it). You can discard up to 3 on a turn. The regular game behaves as you have described, and as a result the “discard 2 to remove 1” option (also) isn’t available.
Kdramamama

Post by Kdramamama »

Brownbat wrote: 10 June 2020, 01:18

That then would not be a Sab 2 game but a normal Sab game. Sab 2 you can select multiple cards. :D
Degan

Post by Degan »

How do I discard 2 and only draw 1? How does this work in the Saboteur 2 interface?

I've seen this accomplished by other players.

I've tried selecting 1, 2 and 3 cards for discard, each time I got the same number of cards back (and the repair was not accomplished).
MasterMar

Post by MasterMar »

Degan wrote: 08 September 2020, 21:12 How do I discard 2 and only draw 1? How does this work in the Saboteur 2 interface?

I've seen this accomplished by other players.

I've tried selecting 1, 2 and 3 cards for discard, each time I got the same number of cards back (and the repair was not accomplished).
Click the symbol you want to repair (e.g. broken pickaxe). I have made this mistake before too.
Tokoloshe79

Post by Tokoloshe79 »

I don't understand this either. When playing Saboteur 2, if you select 2 cards it says you discard 2 but reduce your hand size by 1. However this doesn't happen; it's exactly the same as discarding 1 or 3. You simply get the same number of cards back again.

Can someone explain what is supposed to happen? And why would you be punished with a smaller hand for discard 2, but not 3?
MoiMagnus

Post by MoiMagnus »

Tokoloshe79 wrote: 23 February 2021, 02:07 I don't understand this either. When playing Saboteur 2, if you select 2 cards it says you discard 2 but reduce your hand size by 1. However this doesn't happen; it's exactly the same as discarding 1 or 3. You simply get the same number of cards back again.

Can someone explain what is supposed to happen? And why would you be punished with a smaller hand for discard 2, but not 3?
There are 4 possible discard:
  • Discard 1 to draw 1
  • Discard 2 to draw 2
  • Discard 3 to draw 3
  • Discard 2 to draw 1, reduce your max hand size by 1, and remove a card in front of you
To achieve the last option, it is very important to not click on discard (because it will perform the second option), but instead click on the card you want to remove.

Return to “Saboteur”