We can't figure out this game.

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Rooster6975

We can't figure out this game.

Post by Rooster6975 »

Does anyone know how to play this game ? We have played Troyes in real life before, but the game doesn't seem to behave as we expect on BGA. For instance, I bought a Priest in round 1, which should give me the ability to increase all yellow dice by 3. The next turn, I had 2 yellow twos. I could select them, but no matter where I clicked on the Priest card, it wouldn't accept it. It even allowed me to highlight a green cube, but it wouldn't let me actually use the card. We had other experiences like that, and eventually gave up on it.

Is there a BGA-specific rule book which explains how the UI works?
skies are blue

Re: We can't figure out this game.

Post by skies are blue »

For the delayed actions, in no particular order,
- click your cube on the card with delayed effect
- click the die/dice to apply cube effect to from the town center

At that point, the calculator/preview thingy next to the board shows you the potentially new value of your dice or any changes in color of the dice that are selected. The preview is really helpful to see if the effect you have in mind is actually applied.

- finally, click the card to apply the changed dice to (not the priest card).

Not sure if there are specific bugs for specific cards though I haven't run into issues in the games I've played.

Return to “Troyes”