Is Annoraner cheating?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
cammuppetry

Re: Is Annoraner cheating?

Post by cammuppetry »

diamant wrote: 06 August 2020, 15:19 I would like to understand why you joined this table (https://boardgamearena.com/table?table=94082250 ), when a warning banner recommends that you only play with friends at a table set to "no time limit".
Annoraner is he your friend?
Because I wanted a game and it was the only one on offer. I give people the benefit of the doubt. (To be honest I think I missed that warning on that game.)

Would I play him again without time limit? No.
diamant

Post by diamant »

N_Faker wrote: 06 August 2020, 15:42Don't you try to put the blame on those who just wanted to play a game while Annoraner is exploiting site functions for his own ends.
I hope you realize that exploiting the site’s functions is not enough for Annoraner to succeed.
If no one demonstrates that members are joining tables with no time limit on a recurring basis despite warnings, these functions will not be modified to prevent cheating, by Annoraner or another exploiting the same vein.

That this does not prevent you from denouncing Annoraner to site administrators!
Trev

Post by Trev »

diamant wrote: 07 August 2020, 18:12
N_Faker wrote: 06 August 2020, 15:42Don't you try to put the blame on those who just wanted to play a game while Annoraner is exploiting site functions for his own ends.
I hope you realize that exploiting the site’s functions is not enough for Annoraner to succeed.
If no one demonstrates that members are joining tables with no time limit on a recurring basis despite warnings, these functions will not be modified to prevent cheating, by Annoraner or another exploiting the same vein.

That this does not prevent you from denouncing Annoraner to site administrators!
There are legitimate reasons for an unlimited time game where people cannot commit to playing every couple of days. While there is a warning for unlimited time, I assume in the first instance that people play with good intentions, especially high ranked players who enjoy the game and I expect would like to support the community for that game.

I suggest that you limit your criticism of players who have fallen foul of Annoraner's dirty tricks and instead direct the criticism where it belongs at Annoraner, especially now when there are a lot of new players on BGA due to the pandemic.

I stopped playing North West Passage after my experience with Annoraner because it appeared that the community playing the game was toxic. Your criticism of victims and implicit support for the perpetrator Annoraner is unconscionable.

diamant, perhaps YOU can show us where you stand and report Annoraner to the site administrators.
diamant

Post by diamant »

Trev wrote: 08 August 2020, 03:08I suggest that you limit your criticism of players who have fallen foul of Annoraner's dirty tricks and instead direct the criticism where it belongs at Annoraner, especially now when there are a lot of new players on BGA due to the pandemic.
I made no criticism of the members who played at tables with no time limit with Annoraner.
I’ve never been in a game where Annoraner played, so I’m not directly involved in this player’s cheating. That is to say no more involved than any player of Expedition:Northwest Passage.

I respond to this thread according to my own perception, which favours the elimination of opportunities for cheating rather than the denunciation of cheaters. I invite those who criticize this point of view to show that they are not standing idly by the problem outlined in this thread.
If you decide to denounce Annoraner to an administrator, I authorize you to mention my support in your approach.

Return to “Expedition: Northwest Passage”