Arena & default should be with flying option!

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
aesche

Arena & default should be with flying option!

Post by aesche »

Simply as the title says, with the flying option the game is much more diverse and interesting, and it‘s also the original/official rules. Therefore this setting should be given as default (to promote it more to the players, many newcomers actually assume it‘s there anyway and then wonder why it isnt) as well be implemented in arena mode.

Thanks for consideration!
LuxuryJesper

Re: Arena & default should be with flying option!

Post by LuxuryJesper »

aesche wrote: 23 May 2020, 15:57 Simply as the title says, with the flying option the game is much more diverse and interesting, and it‘s also the original/official rules. Therefore this setting should be given as default (to promote it more to the players, many newcomers actually assume it‘s there anyway and then wonder why it isnt) as well be implemented in arena mode.

Thanks for consideration!
This is a tricky one. I definitely agree on, that flying on final stone makes games more interesting and unpredictable. In the beginning, I myself actually thought it was given as default, given the official rules. But, even if (I suppose) most players find this the correct way, there are other people out there, who prefer otherwise.
Let me give you an example; during all the times I've played checkers in my childhood, I've always played with 2 rules:
1. The king can fly
2. Only the king can move backwards
On BGA, there are 4 (!) different versions of checkers, and none of them consists of these 2 simple rules.

To put this into perspective; ignore it, let it go. And be happy that you have the option of playing with the official rules :)
aesche

Post by aesche »

I had a chat about it with sourisdudesert. He is willing to change the arena settings to „flying enabled with 3 stones“ if a significant share of the top players asks him to do so.

I am convinced that this option makes the game much more balanced and interesting. It also goes along with the official rules. Based on many talks and observations here, I believe that there is a broad agreement for this, and that we can get him to change this.

Therefore I ask you to send him a PM confirming this: https://boardgamearena.com/player?id=7 Thank you very much, and have a great new season! Kind regards, aesche
aesche

Post by aesche »

Update, sourisdudesert, 2020-07-07, 11:28 UTC+2: Arena format has been changed to enable flying stones
Party! :) And thanks for the quick action souris!

Return to “Nine Men's Morris”