Two small suggestions

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Sunburst2000

Two small suggestions

Post by Sunburst2000 »

I've played quite a few Twin Tin Bot games with a friend and would like to suggest two small changes that, in my opinion, would contribute to better games while not being game changers in any means:

1) Double modification: Have an icon on the user interface showing whether a player has used his double modification or not. As is, you can only know if someone used theirs by scrolling down the action history untill you see the mention «double modification». If you don't pay close attention to the history, you can easily miss it. The .pdf rules never mention anything about the double modification being hidden from other players so I don't see how that could be a problem.

2) Variants (teleport, rock...) placement: Have an option where the variants placement is symmetrical with respect to the players (or just have the players choose where to place them). As is, the variants are placed randomly and can favor some players over the others, depending on where they are placed initially. Having them placed symmetrically would put the players at the same level. Again, the rules never mention anything about placing the variants randomly.

Let me know if this makes sense and/or if it is feasible.
Lotus Blossom

Re: Two small suggestions

Post by Lotus Blossom »

For your first point, you simply have to look at your opponent's tiles and see if the double modification tile is still there. It disappears when it has been used 😊

Agree that the extra objects should be symmetrical. Can really disadvantage a player, and from my personal experience, the objects are never evenly placed.
Sunburst2000

Post by Sunburst2000 »

I can definitely see my opponent's programs, but all of the tiles? I definitely have to verify next time I play. I assume you'd then be able to see the opponent's extra commands as well? (that hasn't bothered me as much as the double action)
Lotus Blossom

Post by Lotus Blossom »

You only see their extra tiles when they've put it into play. Until then, you only see a blank tile(s)
Raph the KING

Post by Raph the KING »

I agree that the objects such as teleports and blobs/rocs should be symetrically distributed, or at least that players choose where to put these !!

Return to “Twin Tin Bots”