Formula D

Future games in need of testing and feedback
Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on: https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Tisaac

Re: Formula D

Post by Tisaac »

Devastator wrote: 23 January 2021, 03:38 I've thought Formula D would be an awesome game to get the BGA treatment. Glad to hear something might be coming up soon.
Dont get it wrong, it wont be soon. This is a volonteer license so unless some devs have lot of free time, it will probably take couple months before reaching alpha
LudoSam74

Post by LudoSam74 »

I don"t have alot of free time with my young child, but I'm a beginner dev with a past of SW engineer, and also a FD player since the first edition of the game (competitive play since 2003 and author of last english translation update of Masters rules.
So if I can anyhow help, that'd be with great pleasure.
Geddy19

Post by Geddy19 »

This is wonderful news that the licensing hurdle has been cleared. I look forward to helping the team get it through Alpha - whenever it arrives. 8-)
Irather Nottell

Post by Irather Nottell »

So, I would be all for a gofund me or a letter to whomever to pay for the dev. I love this game but have trouble getting it to the table. So, would gladly chip in to make it happen. I have limited programing abilities, but would be happy to help testing/reading over code/whatever. Also limited time, but hopefully every little bit helps.
killa7977

Post by killa7977 »

This Is a very good news, FD would be a nice , nice addition ti BGA library, One of my all time fav
Xev0c

Post by Xev0c »

In case you can't wait for the BGA implementation I created Formula D Java application (without using any copyrighted materials) some time ago.

Check out more details from:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/25 ... a-d-online

It's an open source project so in case BGA developers are reading these forums the project above might contain some useful material for the implementation.
PommeDeBlair

Post by PommeDeBlair »

So... now that Asmodee bought BGA... can we have Formula D?
compte obelète

Post by compte obelète »

Blair46 wrote: 25 March 2021, 16:05 So... now that Asmodee bought BGA... can we have Formula D?
it's might, i don't know yet.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

Blair46 wrote: 25 March 2021, 16:05 So... now that Asmodee bought BGA... can we have Formula D?
Please read messages above, the license is granted, now it just needs some free time of volonteer devs.
cavman07

Post by cavman07 »

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do a Formula D port. It’s ranked as one of the top racing board games on BoardGameGeek. I’ve been a fan of it for a while; I even got to play some on their free online web client way back when (before the company went under or the site got shut down or some such result). Definitely here for it and it would be a good addition to the library.

Return to “"Alpha" games”