possible stealing (ver2?)

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
MMaMM

possible stealing (ver2?)

Post by MMaMM » 30 June 2020, 20:51

Hi all,

I think that some players are doing king-making plays.

I tend to see many replays of top-10 players, cause it helps me understand the logics of this game.
But I found something weird.
I saw that some player played with the same one player (I would not like to mention the names of them, but you guys may see obvious king-making plays). He got within top 10, but playing without his sidekick, he fell down pretty quickly.
Whenever the two guys play in the same game, one guy almost always (~90%) win, and I saw through the replays that the side-kick always pass better cards for his lord.

I think that this should not be admitted, so after I played several times with him, I pressed "public thumb down" button so that other players can also avoid playing with those pairs. The managers of this website hopefully investigate the two guys.

Any opinions would be highly appreciated. I admit that I might be wrong.

Thanks, and let's do fair plays!

6element

Re: possible stealing (ver2?)

Post by 6element » 01 July 2020, 18:55

Without naming specific players this actually sounds slightly offensive to many. The only top player you've played many times with I recognize is should and he is pretty strong, I can assure you he doesn't need a sidekick :)

Taking into account the fact that you've been playing mostly Arena, do you see a reliable way to get a sidekick into a game?

MMaMM

Post by MMaMM » 01 July 2020, 20:01

6element wrote:
01 July 2020, 18:55
Without naming specific players this actually sounds slightly offensive to many. The only top player you've played many times with I recognize is should and he is pretty strong, I can assure you he doesn't need a sidekick :)

Taking into account the fact that you've been playing mostly Arena, do you see a reliable way to get a sidekick into a game?
Thank you for your opinion, 6element -- I also saw many replays of yours, recognizing you as a strong player as well!

First of all, "should" is definitely very strong player, and he is not appropriating sidekicks or teamplays. He's really polite as well.

All right. Let me just mention the name of the player I saw: Iyashinosato

I noticed this ID showed within top 20ish, top 10ish, and even top 5ish -- so I tried to analyze his plays.
But I found that this ID played a lot with East_Ronin.
And I was almost convinced all recent games with East_Ronin were king-making plays.
I actually tried to play games with those two guys to have my own experience, but I could only play with the lyashinosato ID.

Hope some members played with those two players share their experience, by analyzing the nice replay function!

Thanks!

MMaMM

Post by MMaMM » 01 July 2020, 20:06

To add just one more string,

(Please see the replays of those players before and after reading this thread)

This player almost always have some repetories: winning the war by engulfing two shields at 1st or 2nd cycle.

These almost always happen even when East_Ronin could build shields.

As I experienced, winning the wars at each round (especially at 2nd round) is decisive to winning. I think he knows well about the "winning logic," but has not been kept "fair."

Please help us keep this system fair!

Thanks.

Return to “7 Wonders”