Arena Mode For 2 Player Request

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
sprockitz

Arena Mode For 2 Player Request

Post by sprockitz »

Hey all,

I know these subforums aren't used a lot, but I'm looking to see what people think about switching arena mode from 3 to 2 players. Vote for or against below and feel free to add arguments to support it.

My vote is 2 player as it is more competitive and easier to find games
DavidBadalona

Re: Arena Mode For 2 Player Request

Post by DavidBadalona »

Its true is more easy to find players in arena when its only 2 but this is a game for 3 players, i think 3 players is fantastic configuration for this game is a lot better of 2 or 4, the problem is hard to play with another 2 players in the same time
bananasplay

Post by bananasplay »

sprockitz wrote: 30 June 2020, 20:56 Hey all,

I know these subforums aren't used a lot, but I'm looking to see what people think about switching arena mode from 3 to 2 players. Vote for or against below and feel free to add arguments to support it.
In this post, sourisdudesert tells people to create a poll to discuss this sort of change, but then doesn't answer the inevitable follow-up question as to how users are to create polls on this site. Certainly, none of the formatting options presented to me as I compose this reply have anything to do with polls.
My vote is 2 player as it is more competitive and easier to find games
2 players is also the ideal configuration for most games that support 2 players: there isn't the presence of a third (or worse, fourth or more) player making poor decisions that randomly benefit one of the other players. More than once I've had a player in Arena Troyes take an action for literally 0 points but which gave points to a different player... guess which player ultimately won the game? With 2 players, making a poor play only hurts one's own chances against a singular opponent.

Also, specifically for Troyes, it's the only player count at which each player has an equal number of rounds being first player; it's imbalanced at 3 or 4 players.

It really speaks poorly to BGA's understanding of a competitive mode that 2 players is not the default for most games, let alone this one. :roll:
Please check my profile for a list of bugs that need upvotes so that BGA will maybe get around to fixing them.
sprockitz

Post by sprockitz »

Really wish admins would revisit arena settings for all games. Troyes in particular needs at the very least alternating 2 and 3 player seasons...if not all 2p seasons.
Een

Post by Een »

bananasplay wrote: 23 July 2020, 11:13 In this post, sourisdudesert tells people to create a poll to discuss this sort of change, but then doesn't answer the inevitable follow-up question as to how users are to create polls on this site. Certainly, none of the formatting options presented to me as I compose this reply have anything to do with polls.
Default configuration indeed did not allow poll creation for users without a special role. Oooops.

Forum permissions have been adjusted, polls can now be created in all game specific forums (best place for arena polls) and in the discussions, suggestions and developers forums.

Return to “Troyes”