Pythia v1.3 - visual aid helper for 7 Wonders BGA

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
KongKing123

Re: Pythia v1.3 - visual aid helper for 7 Wonders BGA

Post by KongKing123 »

Wonderful Plays wrote: 02 October 2020, 07:58
Waterd103 wrote: 02 October 2020, 03:35 Taking screenshots is now cheating..baffling indeed.
Using external program to gain an advantage.
Just like consulting with chess engine, cheating.
Completely different. You can keep track of all the cards and still play terribly, while a chess engine straight up tells you the best move.

There is also a built-in note taking system for turn-based games which can achieve pretty much the same thing.
Hyeungok

Post by Hyeungok »

KongKing123 wrote: 02 October 2020, 19:14
Waterd103 wrote: 02 October 2020, 03:35 Taking screenshots is now cheating..baffling indeed.
Completely different. You can keep track of all the cards and still play terribly, while a chess engine straight up tells you the best move.

There is also a built-in note taking system for turn-based games which can achieve pretty much the same thing.
What about having visual fingerprints that other players cannot access? I don't think it is fair. Although memorization is definitely NOT the only key, it is obvious that having all visuals would not harm you and it is indeed beneficial. And we are talking about 7W, which is generally played real-time. It is free to capture images, but I won't be really happy to play with those players. Not fair.
dschingis27

Post by dschingis27 »

Actually there is nothing in the TOS or FAQ of BGA that forbids such thing. See this thread for another case: https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewto ... =3&t=17490
This is one among many things that needs to evolve if BGA wants to improve competitive play.
Wonderful Plays

Post by Wonderful Plays »

I think while they do push some stuff for competitive: Arena, ELO, tournaments.
It is pretty clear that they don't care that much. No quick stance against cheating, barely any improvement to arena over months and valid arguments from top players, tournaments still can be played for only 2 player games.

I am very grateful that BGA exists and I will continue to support the site, but for the real competitive scene I think it has to happen outside of the BGA official channels, just using the site. Independent tournaments and stuff like that.
Mi-K-L

Post by Mi-K-L »

Hello. Extension doesn't work anymore. No more war count, no more cards worth.
doctorchris

Post by doctorchris »

Can I just ask whether anyone is using Pythia any more? I notice Tadachini hasn't played a 7 wonders game for 7 months, so I'm guessing not. But it would be good to have it confirmed. Just to be clear, I have never used it, and would hesitate to play against anyone who does, particularly if they are using it without me knowing.
Tadachini

Post by Tadachini »

Mi-K-L wrote: 15 March 2021, 21:20 Hello. Extension doesn't work anymore. No more war count, no more cards worth.
Hi there! Sorry for the long silence, I was not playing BGA much. Can you please send me your game number where it doesn't work so I can find what exactly went wrong?
Tadachini

Post by Tadachini »

Hi everyone. My wife and I really enjoy 7 Wonders Architects so I created a small Pythia for it too. It has only two features, although very necessary ones:
  • Total Scores. Player boards are extended with information on how many victory points they have and who is the game leader.
  • Progress Worth. Progress tokens display how many points they will bring to you based on the cards, wars, or progress tokens you played.
You can get the script from this thread - https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewto ... 10&t=23940

Cheers,
- Tadachini.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

Tadachini wrote: 10 January 2022, 14:11 Hi everyone. My wife and I really enjoy 7 Wonders Architects so I created a small Pythia for it too. It has only two features, although very necessary
Cheers,
- Tadachini.
The game has just been released, why don't you ask the developer to add these features to the game?
Tadachini

Post by Tadachini »

RicardoRix wrote: 10 January 2022, 14:38 The game has just been released, why don't you ask the developer to add these features to the game?
Oh, it has been requested several times through bug reports. This one is the #1 request right now - https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=54190

Return to “7 Wonders”