Pythia v1.3 - visual aid helper for 7 Wonders BGA

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Tisaac

Re: Pythia v1.2 - visual aid helper for 7 Wonders BGA

Post by Tisaac »

dschingis27 wrote: 20 September 2020, 08:57 The HD images are indeed less blurry and have better contrast (but it was only noticably to me by comparing equal wonders side by side), overall setup looks nicer, thank you. Feels strange that I have to install an extrernal script to get it though, I would rather like HD as official BGA option. Since BGA has an "art director"(DrClick), maybe you overstep competencies again? I hope that communication between you and BGA staff keeps flowing...
No overstepping here, BGA framework limits total image size to 10Mb max so that kind of hd assets is simply not possible for devellopers right now to limit bandwith
dschingis27

Post by dschingis27 »

Tisaac wrote: 20 September 2020, 11:16 No overstepping here, BGA framework limits total image size to 10Mb max so that kind of hd assets is simply not possible for devellopers right now to limit bandwith
Thanks. Good to know!
Tadachini

Post by Tadachini »

dschingis27 wrote: 20 September 2020, 08:57 @Tadachini: I am petty now but could you add a small note to the very first post saying that "card memorization" was included in earlier versions? Just to make sure that people, who discover this thread in the future, will be able to understand the long and heated discussion.
But then we will miss all the fun when they post here!
Waterd103

Re: Pythia v1.1 - visual aid helper for 7 Wonders BGA

Post by Waterd103 »

Tadachini wrote: 19 September 2020, 12:17 May I ask why you are screenshotting every hand every game?
So i have to lessen the effort to keep track of what's going on in every hand. Otherwise i have to focus too much...in aboring way.
Foppeke

Post by Foppeke »

Tadachini wrote: 20 September 2020, 14:17
dschingis27 wrote: 20 September 2020, 08:57 @Tadachini: I am petty now but could you add a small note to the very first post saying that "card memorization" was included in earlier versions? Just to make sure that people, who discover this thread in the future, will be able to understand the long and heated discussion.
But then we will miss all the fun when they post here!
Haha, +1 on this ;)
Great job by the way, I don't use it but everything seems nice and I'm glad the "cheating part" has been removed.
The work around is off course the screenshots, haha :)
Tadachini

Re: Pythia v1.1 - visual aid helper for 7 Wonders BGA

Post by Tadachini »

Waterd103 wrote: 20 September 2020, 14:58 So i have to lessen the effort to keep track of what's going on in every hand. Otherwise i have to focus too much...in aboring way.
Unfortunately, card tracking was rules as against the spirit of the game, so this functionality was removed from Pythia. If you have some free time on your hands, grab a beer and read first 10 pages of this thread - card tracking raised a lot of heat during the summer, we had a lot of drama :D .
Foppeke wrote: 20 September 2020, 15:27 Great job by the way, I don't use it but everything seems nice and I'm glad the "cheating part" has been removed.
Thanks, glad to hear that!
MarioMinaccia

Post by MarioMinaccia »

Using this kind of stuff is just like using a bot in playing chess online.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

MarioMinaccia wrote: 21 September 2020, 14:45 Using this kind of stuff is just like using a bot in playing chess online.
Yeah sure, 7Wonders is only about memory.
Wonderful Plays

Post by Wonderful Plays »

Since this is cheat free one feature that I would like is an extension that will ONLY hide the score in the game.
Why?
To train for IRL 7 wonders where you don't have the score in front of you.
Tadachini

Post by Tadachini »

jaspingrobus wrote: 21 September 2020, 17:44 Since this is cheat free one feature that I would like is an extension that will ONLY hide the score in the game.
Why?
To train for IRL 7 wonders where you don't have the score in front of you.
So scores in the right sidebar + on the boards, right?

Return to “7 Wonders”