Saint Petersburg

Future games in need of testing and feedback
Marcuda

Saint Petersburg

Post by Marcuda » 06 July 2020, 05:34

Hi all,

We now have Saint Petersburg available in Alpha! Saint Petersburg is a card collection game where players vie to build the city's prestige by hiring workers, constructing buildings, and attracting wealthy nobles.

The publisher, Hans im Glück, is in the process of updating the artwork for the game but the graciously agreed to let us move forward with the first edition art.

You can find the game page here: https://boardgamearena.com/reviewer?gam ... petersburg.
If you're not already a reviewer and want to try it out just send me a PM and I can add you to the group.

This is my first release on BGA so I appreciate any feedback you have. Thanks, and enjoy!

Draasill

Re: Saint Petersburg

Post by Draasill » 06 July 2020, 13:16

Working great !

I'm eager to see the new artwork though :D

Could you please invite the player "LiliLaSouris" in the game group, so I can play in real time ?

Brainchild

Post by Brainchild » 07 July 2020, 00:17

Congrats on the alpha! I'd like to try it.

Marcuda

Post by Marcuda » 07 July 2020, 03:29

LiliLaSouris and Brainchild added. Enjoy!

BanyanZappa

Post by BanyanZappa » 17 July 2020, 07:26

Greetings!

I am not a reviewer yet (but want to be badly), and I am beyond excited to help in any and every possible with St. Petersburg. St. Petersburg is one of my favorite games of all time, and I am eager to help out however I can. Invite me as you wish. I am willing, ready, and able. Thanks!

lovedabikes

Post by lovedabikes » 25 July 2020, 01:27

Just played good over all look just like I remember. Couple observations.
-Card count, when played in real life we would not know until like 4-5 cards left that a pile would be out...
-Like that show money was an option, we never showed money playing in person
-Maybe have your personal symbol, Worker, Building, Nobles, Upgrades be bigger, but was usable as is.
-Not sure about showing how many cards are available per item just observation.

Thanks for the work I know my game group will be excited to play this.

-Lovedabikes

klarkincooke

Post by klarkincooke » 02 August 2020, 13:50

First game, everything worked really well.

I have not played the physical game in years- are VPs kept secret or public knowledge when you play?

Kayben Leroll

Post by Kayben Leroll » 03 August 2020, 12:43

I am happy to test out the game - big fan of St Petersburg.

Marcuda

Post by Marcuda » 06 August 2020, 04:39

I must have missed the notification for this, sorry!
BanyanZappa wrote:
17 July 2020, 07:26
I am not a reviewer yet (but want to be badly), and I am beyond excited to help in any and every possible with St. Petersburg. St. Petersburg is one of my favorite games of all time, and I am eager to help out however I can. Invite me as you wish. I am willing, ready, and able. Thanks!
Kayben Leroll wrote:
03 August 2020, 12:43
I am happy to test out the game - big fan of St Petersburg.
Thank you both for you interest. At this point I think we have enough reviews in that it can move to Beta soon and be open to everyone. If that doesn't happen I'm happy to add you in so you can play.
klarkincooke wrote:
02 August 2020, 13:50
I have not played the physical game in years- are VPs kept secret or public knowledge when you play?
The physical game has a score track that you advance a token on to score each phase.
lovedabikes wrote:
25 July 2020, 01:27
Just played good over all look just like I remember. Couple observations.
-Card count, when played in real life we would not know until like 4-5 cards left that a pile would be out...
-Like that show money was an option, we never showed money playing in person
-Maybe have your personal symbol, Worker, Building, Nobles, Upgrades be bigger, but was usable as is.
-Not sure about showing how many cards are available per item just observation.
1. Fair point. Early on I tried doing it visually with borders and such but it didn't turn out well. I could maybe change it so it shows something like >20, >10, >5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0? Perhaps as a game option.
2. Thanks. It's not in the rules but since all the information is in the logs it seemed to make sense to offer it.
3. Agreed. I had different, larger icons but they were poor quality. I intend to replace them when the official art arrives.
4. The cards available is just a reminder as they're listed in the rules. It does not update as cards are played or discarded or anything so it doesn't help track the game that way. Players still need to pay attention and remember (or read logs for) if anything was discarded.

Return to “"Alpha" games”