Changes to Carcassonne (July 2020) - the good and the bad

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Een

Re: Changes to Carcassonne (July 2020) - the good and the bad

Post by Een »

YVRmel wrote: 31 July 2020, 01:14 Hi een,

Please be more specific on how it is possible to use the previous tiles. I have looked at every option under player preferences and can not find anything that even appears to permit me to change the tileset.
Well, we posted in multiple places about this and even put a sticky post in the Carcassonne forum with screenshot and all :)
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=16796
Ravenspur

Post by Ravenspur »

Personally, I dislike the new expansion. Maybe I'm a purist, but I liked a dependable number of pieces and the strategy involved. The new expansion seems to make luck more of a factor. It's harder to predict what tiles are left. I'm sure some people like it. Count me out. I'm now less inclined to play at all.

I got rid of the fairies and that rubbish, but 119 tiles takes forever.

I tried to turn it off as an option, but ended up with playing all the tiles.
Cullich

Post by Cullich »

Blakeyg wrote: 15 July 2020, 10:43 - You can now experiment with placement of your tiles on the board before your next go - another great feature (as trying to mentally map how tiles may place in practice can be challenging)
How exactly are you doing this? I see no way to do this. Unless I'm misunderstanding you.
apollo1001

Post by apollo1001 »

Cullich wrote: 31 August 2020, 10:15 How exactly are you doing this? I see no way to do this. Unless I'm misunderstanding you.
On another player's turn you can select your tile and place it (as you would normally - click on the grey background square) to experiment.
DiscipleofMeep

Post by DiscipleofMeep »

Re: the abbot can you please vote on this request https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=17410 so that we actually have a chance of getting it

Return to “Carcassonne”