Passing during the auction phase?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Mythik

Passing during the auction phase?

Post by Mythik »

This is my first time playing, and I noticed there is an option to Pass during the auction phase. I’ve read the rules several times and I don’t see anything written about passing during the auction. The rules state “After everyone flips over their cards...” indicating everyone has to select a card each round of the auction. Am I missing something? I guess what would happen if all players passed their turn? Thank you in advance.
Lymon Flowers

Re: Passing during the auction phase?

Post by Lymon Flowers »

Hello,

yes, there is no "pass" option on the rules because as everyone is playing simultaneously face to face, you need to "bluff" with a non valid card when you do not want to auction on a car. Effectively, this is a pass action. As we are in a digital adaptation, I thought it was clearer to add an explicit pass option, specially for newcomers.

I hope that answers the question and thanks for your interest in downforce. :-)

Cheers,
Benjamin
Mythik

Re: Passing during the auction phase?

Post by Mythik »

Thank you Benjamin. This makes sense. I also just re-read the Rare Auction Rules section of the rules and see what happens if everyone “passes.” Thanks again!

Return to “Downforce”