auto-first-cubes on 4p maps?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Idsky

auto-first-cubes on 4p maps?

Post by Idsky »

2p maps are all (currently) symmetrical and all automatically set the first cubes for us. All 3p and 4p maps do not.

If a 4p map is completely symmetrical, would you prefer it to auto set the first cubes?
I can understand that you might prefer not to be next to a certain player, that's the only reason you might not want auto placement.
Is that a big enough reason?

On 3p maps someone is usually more in the middle than the other 2 so probably best to leave it off there.
imbroglio

Re: auto-first-cubes on 4p maps?

Post by imbroglio »

I think the existing behavior is best, here. Due to the low userbase, it's pretty common to end up with 4p games of obviously different experience levels. In those situations I typically try to start next to the better player.

And aside from that, I think it expects a bit too much of the players to know which maps are symmetrical (not always immediately obvious with the large ones) and behave one way, while others behave the other.
Ratburntro44

Re: auto-first-cubes on 4p maps?

Post by Ratburntro44 »

Cube placement is also after rolling starting dice, so the starting dice of other players can impact where you would want to start. Automatic decisions should only be made where there is literally no possible effect, like in the 2p case.

Return to “Quantum”