Anyone would be interested in adding party cards?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
killa7977

Anyone would be interested in adding party cards?

Post by killa7977 »

As the topic says.... I mean, Is that possible?
Lesie

Re: Anyone would be interested in adding party cards?

Post by Lesie »

I love Sushi Go! Party. I like playing with uramaki rather than maki and I don't like chopsticks too much so I usually switch it out for miso soup or take out menu. And I usually play with onigiri. The only difference is that in Sushi Go! Party, instead of shuffling the entire deck and deal as is, all the cards are re-shuffled per round with dessert added in each time.
Wessman88

Post by Wessman88 »

I definitely for one own both and play both but they are very different games in my opinion. I would personally love the option to play with a random set of cards each time.
ArielFriedrichGauss

Post by ArielFriedrichGauss »

I think that is possible. I have made a suggestion page about this: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=24592
jeremy-j

Post by jeremy-j »

ArielFriedrichGauss wrote: 10 September 2020, 11:04 I think that is possible. I have made a suggestion page about this: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=24592
Thanks for submitting the report. Seconded!

I'm hoping adding the party expansion would be a relatively easy update. Having another game option for 5+ players on this site would be great!
T72on1

Post by T72on1 »

I voted for that bug report. Seems nice to have more options, and to play with more people.
Zhan LI

Post by Zhan LI »

Adding the Party expansion to Sushi Go would be amazing! Fantastic addition to a great game :D :D :D
FT3

Post by FT3 »

Wessman88 wrote: 01 September 2020, 19:26 I definitely for one own both and play both but they are very different games in my opinion. I would personally love the option to play with a random set of cards each time.
I thought all the original cards were included in Party?
SwanseaStephen

Post by SwanseaStephen »

I would have no problem with it being added for players who want it. Options are great. I will say though, that although the card variety is cool, the fact that all the cards(except deserts) get reshuffled each round really detracts from the experience. In regular Sushi Go, knowledge of cards played from Round 1 inform your choices in Round 2 and 3. I don’t card count but I do think in generalities like “I’m not taking sashimi this round because there were already a bunch out there last round”. In Sushi Go Party, this is totally lost, even if you’re playing the same card set as in regular Sushi Go! So it’s kind of frustrating in that sense.

Return to “Sushi Go!”