Butterfly - How to turn the hedgehog?

Hot and crispy games just out of the oven
Evreka

Butterfly - How to turn the hedgehog?

Post by Evreka » 01 August 2020, 11:25

I've just tried this once, but need to understand this before going again. Sometimes I can choose tiles from both row and column I stand in, other times (particularly at the outermost row/column, I think?) I can only choose from the row or column I'm in, not the other way around. Apparently I need to turn the hedgehog to do that, but I can't find the way to turn it.

What should I press to turn the hedgehog?

57erniepyle

Re: Butterfly - How to turn the hedgehog?

Post by 57erniepyle » 01 August 2020, 12:54

You don't actively turn the hedgehog. Instead, the tiles to which the hedgehog can move are given a yellow background. You pick a tile with a yellow background, and the hedgehog turns appropriately and moves to the tile you picked.

Note. The hedgehog can turn left, right, or keep on going straight. It cannot turn 180% and go back the way from which it just came. The flat bottom of the hedgehog is in the direction that you cannot go.

Evreka

Post by Evreka » 02 August 2020, 08:50

Oh, thank you! I did not know that it could not go backwards (I must have missed that when I read the rules). Thanks very much for explaining! :)

However, something seems to be off...? This is what the board looked like at one point:
https://i.imgur.com/vajWtuw.png
Seeing as he is in the corner, I assume it is correct that he can only move along the row, but the flat side is not facing the column. Shouldn't it? Is this a bug?

KenH

Post by KenH » 02 August 2020, 17:27

That game situation is correct. The nose of the hedgehog indicates the direction he was just moved. Since he can’t go backwards, in this case, he can only turn and take tiles along that row.

Evreka

Post by Evreka » 02 August 2020, 20:43

@KenH: Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. :)

Return to “"Beta" games”