Replay Last Moves - suggestion

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
AmericanEagle

Replay Last Moves - suggestion

Post by AmericanEagle »

Could the Player's Name and Car(s) they own{show car color} be displayed either [underneath or above] the Card being played onto the game board?

Currently in Replay mode when Cards are being played you cannot tell who played that Card, unless you scroll up to see which player is taking their turn. Then you miss seeing the moves on the game board.

Great job coding this game!
There are some really talented people at BGA

E
Lymon Flowers

Re: Replay Last Moves - suggestion

Post by Lymon Flowers »

The color of the people is used as the border of the card being played, so you can tell who played the card. But yes, to my opinion you have to look at the log somewhat because all of the information cannot be put on the board.

Cheers,
Benjamin
AmericanEagle

Post by AmericanEagle »

I have not noticed any color border around the Card being played to identify the Player.
That could be confusing too, a Red player has a Card boarder of Red, yet they are playing a Yellow Car in the game.
AmericanEagle

Post by AmericanEagle »

I'll give an example in one of my games, looking at the Game Logs

Player BLUE has a [Black-Car]
note: BLUE is not the player's name, its just a reference only denoting a Player's name that has the [Black Car]

Below I will show the entries as they are displayed; Player that played the card is at the bottom, and the last move on that card is at the to top

Game Log Entry:
[Blue-Car] moves 2 spaces out of 2
[Yellow-Car] moves 3 spaces out of 4
[Green-Car] is blocked .. how sad!
BLUE plays a card

It gets confusing because its not a turn for the Blue car, its the Player with the Black car yet there is no way of knowing that. Yes you scroll up to see the Player's name and the associated color of that Player's car. When you do that, you miss the REPLAY as you are now looking to make the associations of the Player that played the card and the color of their car instead of watching the REPLAY

Can a PAUSE be added to allow for scrolling up and down to make the associations while watching the REPLAY?

Last note on Game Log
All car moves are displayed as: moves 3 spaces out of 4, moves 5 spaces out of 5, etc.
Can the Block car have a number? Example: [Green-Car] is blocked 6 .. how sad!, [Red-Car] is blocked 3 .. how sad!

And before you say, "just look at the card played on the game board". Only the last card played is displayed on the game board, I have not found a way to scroll through the cards that were been previously played, unless i use the REPLAY feature

The Game Logs are great, the REPLAY is outstanding! "could it be improved?"

This is not a complaint, there is no way I could have coded this game or even develop a web site.
The BGA Administrators and their coding team deserve our admiration for their dedication and effort.

AE

Return to “Downforce”