A Revoulution for the Werewolves game

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
ArielFriedrichGauss

A Revoulution for the Werewolves game

Post by ArielFriedrichGauss »

Hi, this is Ariel. I have played a lot of werewolves games, and think that these improvements can greatly turn this game to a game with deduction and bluff.
1. Private chagt for werewolves and lovers. Werewolves and lovers should be able to communate with each other to plan their actions. This however only enables at night.
2. Secret identity. If a werewolf wants to bluff as an ev, it is very hard currently. With this function, more bluffing will be encouraged and the game will be more fun.
3. Shut down night talk. This can prevent information at night.
4. Time of sheriff election. The election is the best to be after the first night, before the moderator announce who is dead. This encourages more planning.
5. New moon event cards (as an option). This can provide unexpected experiences for the players.
6. More werewolves (as an option). This can give greater chances of winning for the werewolves. About 1/3 of the players should be werewolves.
7. New winning condition (as an option when the evs and ovs are about 1:1). The werewolves only need to kill all evs or all ovs to win.
8. Choice whether lg should die by werewolves if they see her. This can provide greater advantage if the lg is in love.
9. The white werewolf. He should be able to kill other people including werewolves, not just only werewolves.
10. New cupid winning condition (as an option). Cupid's winning condition follows his lovers.
11. New characters, for example Idiot, Piper, Elder, Defender, Knight, Fire Wolf, Wolf Brothers and King of werewolves. More can be found in: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/205580 ... s-few-tips
That's it! If you like any of these, pls give this post a good comment.
rspn

Re: A Revoulution for the Werewolves game

Post by rspn »

Some of these are definitely good suggestions. But I think the philosophy of this site is to strictly adhere to the game mode as originally described by the game developers; so many of these changes are unlikely to happen.
I particularly like your second point - there should be the OPTION to decide what is revealed at the death of a character:
1. His full role (as is currently the case)
2. His affiliation (Village or WW)
3. Nothing at all
(Option 3 can be used to discourage role claiming when there are many ev roles).

The point about banning night chat is already a highly sought for change - I think (hope) that will be implemented soon.
NaceWindu

Post by NaceWindu »

Ranmit wrote: 25 August 2020, 02:41 The point about banning night chat is already a highly sought for change - I think (hope) that will be implemented soon.
It won't. The devs have said "it's not stated in the rulebook so we can't/won't implement it." Even though no one plays it in real life with talking at night and basically everyone that plays wants that feature, and adheres to the no game info rule at night anyway. When one person decides to share game info at night it ruins the game for everyone else.
sXePotter

Post by sXePotter »

Okay, let's tackle these in the order presented.

1) Nope. In the real game wolves communicate silently otherwise they are easily discovered. Lovers also have to be subtle with their communication

2) From the rules of the game: "The eliminated player reveals his card"

3) There is a bug suggestion for this already

4) Agree. As per the rules of the game "You can wait several terms before voting on the role of Sheriff, during which time the players can form an opinion about their compatriots." - It should be a game option on which day the Sheriff is elected.

5) I see no reason why not. We already have the village expansion, New Moon should be included too. It may make the game less approachable to beginners though

6) More werewolves are not the option to solve balance.

7) Against the rules of the game.

8) From the rules: "If the Little Girl is caught in the act, she dies instead of the designated victim. "

9) From the rules: " But every other night, upon the Narrator's call, he wakes up alone and can eliminate a Werewolf"

10) Cupid is a village aligned player

11) See 5.
NaceWindu

Post by NaceWindu »

It would be nice to see more roles, but with as buggy as the game is with some of the current stuff I can only see it getting worse if more things are added.
GeraldineMerida

Post by GeraldineMerida »

IRL, wolves can communicate silently during the night, e.g. point to a possible victim and raise eyebrow to see if others agree; no or shake head; use sign language to indicate suspected role of another player.

These are not an option here, so allowing wolf communication during the night make make it more like the real-life game, not less.

Return to “The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow”