Response time to actions taken.

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
St3ph3n

Response time to actions taken.

Post by St3ph3n »

Is there a way to not have the response time to an action taken being a matter of seconds? I want to introduce the game to some newbs and this factor spoils that.
quietmint

Re: Response time to actions taken.

Post by quietmint »

The timer is in keeping with the feel of the real game. An essential part of the game is quickly making the decision about whether to block/challenge. You shouldn't be able to ponder endlessly, recalling claims made in the past or cards you've seen, etc. In the real game, you lose the opportunity once the next player takes their turn, which would be far sooner than 15 seconds. This amount of time seems like a good compromise to keep the game moving while still allowing for a bit of Internet lag.

You can't disable the timer. However, you can click the small link at the top of the page "I'd like more to think" to get a few more seconds.
St3ph3n

Post by St3ph3n »

Ha! Well, seems Ive really missed a key concept in the game...speed! :D More experience of it might bring that out. But still, seems far too rapid for new-to-its.
Thank you : )
__Mac__

Post by __Mac__ »

Im gonna add an OPINION of mine and say that learning the interactions is roughly.. half the game. Once your group generally knows what does what/who counters who the decision making is generally snappy and oddly feels somewhat natural.

Tldr, once the initial learning phase is over (which, in my experience of teaching this game to quite a few people, is very fast) decision making is generally snappy and naturally fast! Having your group generally read/quickly study over the interactions clears up ALOT of what wpuld be "thinking time".

Cheers (:
I like Coup.

Return to “Coup”