Exclude Out-of-Turn Card Option?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Hopkins

Exclude Out-of-Turn Card Option?

Post by Hopkins »

For turn-based games, it would be nice to have the option to exclude the cards "Relentless", "Cruel" and "Dangerous" which require decisions to be made out-of-turn. This would help keep things moving!
Idsky

Re: Exclude Out-of-Turn Card Option?

Post by Idsky »

They are slow, but excluding certain cards would be changing the rules which I think is not allowed on the BGA license, and kind-of spoils the game too.

I do plan to add an automatic combat roll enable/disable, at least for relentless and cruel which will try to win for you when it is enabled (not roll if you're winning, roll if you're losing).

Maybe I could add an auto option for Dangerous too, auto-explode if attacker is 0/1/2/3 stronger for example. Auto-avoid using if attacker is <n> weaker. With manual choice if between these 2 values.
galehar

Post by galehar »

Not sure it's worth to bother with the dangerous auto decision. I would certainly never use it. This decision depends on a lot more than just a comparison of the dice values.
Ratburntro44

Post by Ratburntro44 »

The automatic combat reroll option makes sense because there is a single obvious automatic strategy which also clearly aligns with what is wanted in most cases. That really doesn't apply to Dangerous, where the risk cutoff will vary between players and situations very regularly and the abnormal cases are more common, so there's nothing equivalent to "always try to win". So agreeing with galehar, I don't think even an optional automatic version really makes sense

Return to “Quantum”