Any plan on implementing the 'revised' version?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Coyotek4

Any plan on implementing the 'revised' version?

Post by Coyotek4 »

Love that StP is now on BGA!

Quick question: are there any plans in the works to eventually release the 'revised' version that included new workers (farmers, I think) and nerfed the value of the Observatory and Mistress?

(I'm NOT asking about the 'revised revised' version that also had a whole new phase and allowed for 5pm games ... though I'm curious about that as well.)
SamHellerman

Re: Any plan on implementing the 'revised' version?

Post by SamHellerman »

This gets confusing.

There were the second edition nerfs, which I think just modified the costs of Observatory/Judge/Mistress from 6/16/18 to 7/17/20.

Then there is the New Society expansion, which includes 7 cards that are to replace cards from the base game, at the same time as adding many new cards (like those New Farmers you mentioned, and an extra copy each of some existing cards). And 2 of these 7 are a *differently* nerfed Observatory, costing 8, just to make things (again) confusing.

(The 5th phase you're talking about is the Market Expansion which comes bundled in the 2nd edition game.)
Calmon70

Post by Calmon70 »

I really hope the second edition balanced cards will be used in arena. The plain 18/16 aristocrats are just to strong especially when drawn on turn 1.
Redwoods

Post by Redwoods »

Yeah, I'm interested in the full "second edition" having never played it, but VERY interested in simply adding the New Society expansion. It balances things so much better, reduces random chance/luck, and adds a ton of excellent variety of new cards.
SamHellerman

Post by SamHellerman »

Consider voting on these bugs!

Revised base cards https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=23023
New Society https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=24939
Inaofr

Post by Inaofr »

2nd edition is now available in beta phase. Arena will still use first as long as second is in beta (and the used edition won't change during a season).
Swfcdan

Post by Swfcdan »

Inaofr wrote: 06 February 2021, 10:04 2nd edition is now available in beta phase. Arena will still use first as long as second is in beta (and the used edition won't change during a season).
Is the 2nd edition available to play somehow?
I've found this game recently and love how simple yet strategic (and addictive!) it is! I've heard the 2nd edition adds another set of market cards, or is that only an expansion? If so is it just different artwork in the 2nd edition- any other changes?
Vandaley

Post by Vandaley »

Swfcdan wrote: 19 October 2022, 00:23
Inaofr wrote: 06 February 2021, 10:04 2nd edition is now available in beta phase. Arena will still use first as long as second is in beta (and the used edition won't change during a season).
Is the 2nd edition available to play somehow?
I've found this game recently and love how simple yet strategic (and addictive!) it is! I've heard the 2nd edition adds another set of market cards, or is that only an expansion? If so is it just different artwork in the 2nd edition- any other changes?
It was available for about 2 weeks as a full version game and then the rights to the game were revoked. It was never really explained why the manufacturer changed their mind, but it short no, it is not available.

As a fun fact, I believe I was in the final game for V2 to end as I was in a VERY slow turn based game that started about an hour before the game was removed. It took like 2 months to complete.

If you are interested in seeing how they implemented the art work of v2, you can go to this like and select replay game: https://boardgamearena.com/gamereview?table=150877386

Return to “Saint Petersburg”