Developer interest in adding expansions to Eminent Domain

Game development with Board Game Arena Studio
sedjtroll

Developer interest in adding expansions to Eminent Domain

Post by sedjtroll »

I'm very happy with the Eminent Domain implementation here on BGA, but I believe the developer was not interested or available to do any of the expansions (forgive me if I've got that wrong).

I'm wondering if any other developer would be interested in adding Escalation, Exotica, and/or Oblivion for folks to play with here.

Any takers? Let me know, I can provide the necessary art files.

Thanks!
Victoria_La

Re: Developer interest in adding expansions to Eminent Domain

Post by Victoria_La »

I am working on some other game now, but I can look at it after, are rules publically available? Please also send high-res graphics to admins and cc me (I am the original developer)
sedjtroll

Post by sedjtroll »

Oh, great! You did a wonderful job on the base game, I'd love to see what you can do with the expansions :)

The rules are available here:
Escalation: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/down ... sRules.pdf
(adds a bunch of tech cards, and makes the different sized ships mean different things)

Exotica: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/down ... ok+v04.pdf
(adds a planet type and a tech stack to go with it, as well as asteroids in the planet deck (which are like bad planets that some tech cards refer to)

Oblivion: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/down ... ow-res.pdf
(adds a Politics role where players can "vote" Agendas into play which have global effects, as well as an immediate effect for the player doing it. Also Clout tokens which have role icons on them that you can get and store up until you spend them.)

There are also some promos that might be fun to have as something you can optionally turn on or off:
Elusive/Exclusive Victory: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame ... tory-promo
(each of the expansions have another Alternate Victory promo as well, Coalition Victory in Exotica, and Military/Economic Victory in Escalation, and there's an Agenda in Oblivion called "Traditional Victory" which says "Alternate Victory cards don't count" or something like that. Maybe all those could be in a module called "Alternate Victory Promos" ? Or each one could be turned on individually (but if Oblivion is on, and any of those are on, then that one Agenda should also be on)

There's a separate promo called Bonus Planets, which just adds a handfull of planets in 2 types to the planet deck:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame ... us-planets

I can provide art files for any or all of this, and I'll send them as soon as I get a chance.

Everybody's favorite expansion is Escalation, people often say it really improves the game. All of the expansions are designed to be used alone, or in any combination. I'd be happy to see any or all of them implemented on BGA! :)
CompleteShambles

Post by CompleteShambles »

I would be super excited to see this! Thanks so much for considering building out the expansions and thank you to sedjtroll for sharing all of the articles and everything. This is one of my favorite games on BGA. Thank you, Victoria_La!
Victoria_La

Post by Victoria_La »

There will be alpha for Escalation soon, I can invite you to play test?
CompleteShambles wrote: 03 March 2021, 17:48 I would be super excited to see this! Thanks so much for considering building out the expansions and thank you to sedjtroll for sharing all of the articles and everything. This is one of my favorite games on BGA. Thank you, Victoria_La!
CompleteShambles

Hi Victoria_la!

Thank you so much for this, I've only had a chance to play one round so far but it seemed to be going rather smooth. I am having a hard time getting paired up to test more. Would you be willing to add my friend KettlebellsAndCronic to the playtest group? Then I can play a few rounds a day and provide you with much more feedback. I'm super excited to check it out, let me know if this is possible. Thank you!
sedjtroll

Post by sedjtroll »

CompleteShambles wrote: 28 April 2021, 21:27 Hi Victoria_la!

Thank you so much for this, I've only had a chance to play one round so far but it seemed to be going rather smooth. I am having a hard time getting paired up to test more. Would you be willing to add my friend KettlebellsAndCronic to the playtest group? Then I can play a few rounds a day and provide you with much more feedback. I'm super excited to check it out, let me know if this is possible. Thank you!
I'm not Victoria_la, but I did invite your friend to the player group.

Thanks for playing EmDo, and I appreciate your feedback on this implementation! Thank you in advance for reporting bugs you may find
CompleteShambles

Thank you for adding them! We'll be playing a bunch :D
CompleteShambles

Hi guys, trying to resurrect this thread!

@victoria_la - Thanks so much for the fantastic implementation of Escalation. I've played hundreds of rounds at this point and have so much fun playing this game. We really appreciate your efforts getting this version going.

I'm wondering if there would be any interest in adding the Exotica expansion? I love the game enough where I bought the physical copy as well. I've been playing IRL Eminent Domain: Exotica and was wondering if there was any time to try and add this implementation in.

I would be happy to scan any cards and share them if that would help at all. Also happy to play test, help with rules, or pretty much anything that makes it easier to get this expansion available on BGA.

Thanks in advance for any consideration. :D
neo42slab

Post by neo42slab »

CompleteShambles wrote: 26 November 2022, 19:19 Hi guys, trying to resurrect this thread!

@victoria_la - Thanks so much for the fantastic implementation of Escalation. I've played hundreds of rounds at this point and have so much fun playing this game. We really appreciate your efforts getting this version going.

I'm wondering if there would be any interest in adding the Exotica expansion? I love the game enough where I bought the physical copy as well. I've been playing IRL Eminent Domain: Exotica and was wondering if there was any time to try and add this implementation in.

I would be happy to scan any cards and share them if that would help at all. Also happy to play test, help with rules, or pretty much anything that makes it easier to get this expansion available on BGA.

Thanks in advance for any consideration. :D

Hello. Thank you for making Eminent Domain. Well done!

I have a request/suggestion. Can you provide an option to hide VP totals during the game?

Return to “Developers”