Ginkgopolis in alpha

Future games in need of testing and feedback
Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on: https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
locerol

Ginkgopolis in alpha

Post by locerol »

Hello!

The game Ginkgopolis, designed by Xavier Georges, from Pearl Games, is now in the alpha reviewing process. So, please, feel free to take a look at the game, play some games and if you find a bug (hopefully not too many) or have a suggestion to improve the game, please, let me know :)

The game can be found here:

https://boardgamearena.com/reviewer?game=ginkgopolis

If you're not already a reviewer and would like to test it just send me a PM and I can add you to the group.

Thanks in advance for the time spent reviewing and ...have fun playing it! :)
paramesis

Re: Ginkgopolis in alpha

Post by paramesis »

EDIT: rescinded suggestions to add filter drop-shadows and removed outdated screenshots. These are not recommended for BGA adaptations as they severely impact performance, especially on iOS devices. Pre-rendered shadows in PNG or box-shadow where applicable are better alternatives.
Last edited by paramesis on 22 October 2021, 15:33, edited 2 times in total.
asd123321

Post by asd123321 »

The numbers are really hard to see. Instead of the colored spot and number at top left of each tile, put a larger
Black number. Game quit at last line of scoring.
akuden

Post by akuden »

Hi! Any chance I can be added to the testing group? I would love to test this!
junibegood

Post by junibegood »

Thank you for developping this amazing game !

I tested it a little. The rules seem perfectly enforced. Some of them are a really tricky, this must have been hard work, really good job with that. ;)

I have some concerns about the UI though :
  • It's way too big ! I'm on a 1920x1080 screen, I zoomed out the board as far as I could and reduced the vertical size, I still can't see the board and my hand + tiles at the same time (see screenshot below), let alone the opponents' material. With the default settings, I have to scroll down 3 times the height of my screen to see everything in a 2-player game. I find the adaptation really unpleasant to use in its current state, just because of that. Maybe reduce some visuals size (unless the publisher forbids it of course) ? The cards in particular are really big. Or maybe try to arrange the game elements differently so that there is less empty space ?
  • The ressources on the board (and their numbers) are a very important information. I think they should be bigger.
  • This is more a personal opinion, but I don't like the 4 separate blocs for built cards. I think it would be easier to read it they were grouped (still in 4 columns, but in the same area and close to one another). And that could help with the previous point.
  • I'm not sure this can really be solved (for the most part, it's inherent to the game rules) but I think the game will be hard to follow in real time. There are many animations going on (which are all needed, unfortunately). You timed them well so that they don't play all at once, but despite that it's hard to figure out exactly what's going on when a turn is resolved. And because there are many things going on, the log is also very verbose and hard to follow. Not sure how to improve this exactly, maybe use shorter sentences in the log so that it's easier to read quickly ? Why not add icons to highlight ressources, tiles and points gained/spent as well ?
Screenshot_2021-06-17_20-32-18.jpg
Screenshot_2021-06-17_20-32-18.jpg (58.98 KiB) Viewed 3533 times
jphageman

Post by jphageman »

I would like to be added to alpha if you need more players.

Thanks
Harx

Post by Harx »

I would love to be added to the alpha if you're still looking for players
lunatic4ever

Post by lunatic4ever »

A dream comes true! Can I please be an alpha tester
ekaze

Post by ekaze »

Can I be added to the tester group? Thank you
gmurray

Post by gmurray »

Would love to help test this, if you can add me to the testing group.

Return to “"Alpha" games”