Jades conversion

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Steva90

Jades conversion

Post by Steva90 »

Hi,

hoping is the right section where asking.

First I have to admit that I cannot see where on the map or player aid is described the jade conversion for 1 camel or 1 gold (but it is possibile that is present, in that case let me know where). If not there, is it possible to add a string in the player aid? Before the end scoring maybe.

Then, I think that the conversion is automatic, whenever you have to pay coins or camels that you don't have, but instead having jades.
I esperienced that without remembering that rule, spending a jade that probably I wouldn't spend in that situation.
So even without the "direct" resources, contracts and/or travelling is allowed (underlined spaces when selecting dice), correct?

I think that I misclick a contract, causing to spend jade.

Is it possible to ask the player if they want that conversion? or add a conversion tool (in my mind I think to the mana conversion in Terra Mystica).

Maybe this is something too extra, maybe the general idea is that the player knows if they want that or when to use it, but because when resolving contract there is no undo (while for travelling it is possible to rewind the turn. If I remember correctly). Or maybe allowing the restart the turn even if you resolve contracts.

Thank you for your attention,

and a big thanks to the developper and BGA for bringing both the games!
Leonardd

Re: Jades conversion

Post by Leonardd »

Hi, Yes it is, page one says "Jade is a good like pepper, gold, and silk. You need it for contracts, city cards, and travel costs. However, jade can also count as 1 coin or 1 camel. Whenever you need to pay coins and/or camels, you can pay some or all of the cost with jade."
https://images.zmangames.com/filer_publ ... es_web.pdf

But it comes as a surprise to more players, your suggestion is already mentioned in the "Error and Suggetions for Marco Polo II" In the Service of the Khan
Steva90

Re: Jades conversion

Post by Steva90 »

I meant, if somewhere on the screen/player aid/popup message through mouse pointer....not only in the rules.

Good to know was already reported.

Return to “Marco Polo II: In the Service of the Khan”