Comments on beta version as of Oct 2020

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
CB Droege

Comments on beta version as of Oct 2020

Post by CB Droege »

Two things:

First, I really like that the alternate map layouts are implemented, BUT I think it would be even cooler if there was a selection for 'random'. ;D

My group was excited to find that there was a robust undo function, but then disappointed that it wasn't consistently applied. We were using it to show the other players our ideas for what to do. Then we could try several different moves, and see what worked best, but some moves could not be undone, like helicopter rides, and that made that less useful, but also confusing that we could undo other turn actions, but not that one.
aghagh

Re: Comments on beta version as of Oct 2020

Post by aghagh »

Undo is just implemented for regular moves because often you want to shore up a nearby tile and —instead— you move by mistake. The rest of actions may not be the best moves, but they can't be done by mistake (I think). The game forces you to discuss alternatives with the other players before you actually perform you actions.
CB Droege

Post by CB Droege »

That maybe should be indicated some way then because right now the ability to undo many actions, but not some, led my group to make mistakes because we thought we were being given the freedom to undo moves.

But it makes sense to me to allow undo for all moves that don't reveal new information. There is really not a good reason not to.
oakye

Post by oakye »

I'd prefer that the black and gray colors are more differentiated. The black looks like dark gray, and the light gray looks like white.

We had a situation where someone gave the black pawn a card mistaking it for the gray card.
EmethSAS

Post by EmethSAS »

Some sort of reminder message that this is a co-op game that requires communication and coordination rather than a competitive game you can just quietly play without talking to your opponents would be helpful I think... I know "The Crew" game has a dialog box pop up detailing the RP-story of the game, so I know it is possible to do something like that. I just got out of a frustrating game where we were all ELO 0 and I tried using chat, but I'm pretty sure everyone ignored me trying to explain what I was doing and some basic tips to proceed...

Return to “Forbidden Island”