All tile names and quantity

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
BronzeKnight

All tile names and quantity

Post by BronzeKnight »

https://imgur.com/XtgLkwO

Some players came up with names for the tiles. Handy when comes the time to discuss strategy and mistakes :)

Enjoy !
fafa-fr

Re: All tile names and quantity

Post by fafa-fr »

Very convenient to have names, indeed. I had begun thinking about names, but these ones are great (maybe we would need left or right to distinguish the symmetric ones).

For beginners or people who haven't noticed: you don't need to look at this file to see if a certain shape exists and how many of it there are: all possible shapes with one to four exits exist. And if all the exits are in the same half of the card, it's a torch card, so there are three cards of this shape in the deck, otherwise it's not a torch card and there are two cards of this shape in the deck.

(And talking about helpers, I think it would be very handy to have an in-game helper showing how many cards of each type are placed or are left in the deck.)
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

Can't you just say, top, or top-right.

You' shouldn't be discussing exactly which tiles you have in hand, otherwise you may as well play with open hands and give the quarter-back hat to loudest player.
fafa-fr

Post by fafa-fr »

RicardoRix wrote: 24 October 2020, 21:17 You' shouldn't be discussing exactly which tiles you have in hand, otherwise you may as well play with open hands and give the quarter-back hat to loudest player.
I wasn't thinking about talking about my cards in hand, only about cards that we should not place in a wrong place (as an advice for novice), because they are the only ones that can fit in a hole we left on the table (or more generally about cards already on the table, mainly to explain things to novice).
BronzeKnight

Post by BronzeKnight »

Sometimes, we need to say things like "We fail, we need a Twitter to fill that hole and both twitters are into play already, let's abandon" or "Too bad, I had the Branch we needed"
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

How about:

- [PlayerA] We have to give up, we don't have all the pieces we need to finish.
-[PlayerB] How do you know that?
-[PlayerA] I know the whole deck.
-[PlayerB] Woah, secretly thinks: you play this way too much, OK then let's give up.
Tuli

Post by Tuli »

fafa-fr wrote: 24 October 2020, 20:58 Very convenient to have names, indeed. I had begun thinking about names, but these ones are great (maybe we would need left or right to distinguish the symmetric ones).
I agree that those are great names. The only one I would change is The Fancy "J". As we have The Bed and The Bench, I would call it The Chair.

Return to “Bandido”