Some Suggestions

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
MagpieMcGee

Some Suggestions

Post by MagpieMcGee »

I don't think these would be considered bugs. I just thought that these suggestions would perhaps add to the playability.

1) The default sizing made it impossible for me to correctly place the building tiles in my Alhambra. My mouse cursor would be over one location and the placement would occur in another. When I manually enlarged the game (zooming in) I was able to have the control and accuracy needed for correct placement.

2) Sort of related: Would it be possible to add a confirmation step after tile placement? This way the accuracy of the initial placement would matter less as there would be a chance to make adjustments as needed.

Thanks to those who have been working to adapt this one! ;)
GDC

Re: Some Suggestions

Post by GDC »

I agree with 2)
This game very much needs an undo or confirmation button.
It would also be a great plus to only see legal moves when trying to place your tiles.

Other than that it's perfect. Well done.
coolpapa

Post by coolpapa »

+1 to undo - since the game is set up to not reveal any information of card or tile draws, you couldn't even exploit the undoing for information. Particulary with the slight fiddliness of dragging tiles to your Alhambra, an undo/confirm option would be wonderful for this game.
BooChihuahua

Post by BooChihuahua »

Great game. Well done on adapting it to BGA. I would like to just add one suggestion. I dont know what scoring phase the game is currently in. 1, 2 or 3? Can you add that to display?
Smeg

Post by Smeg »

This game, and any tile laying game, should do what Cacao does. It lets you click and place the tile anywhere, as much as you like, then you click confirm when you've decided.

The last time I played, I accidently clicked on a tile in my Alhambra and it moved it to my stock and my turn was over.

I'll play again when a confirm button is added and the empty yellow tiles are removed from around the Alhambra. Those just confuse and make it unfun to play.
Cullich

Post by Cullich »

It would be really great if the alhambra area could be independently resized or scrolled, kind of like Carcassonne. I was having difficulty with tiles going off the edge of it and not being able to see or click there. I could resize the whole browser screen to make it fit, but then other things moved around, and I was constantly having to resize my browser during turns to be able to see everything the way I wanted. Given those tiles can go out of the idea dedicated to them, it only seems logical to me to make that area independent size-wise.
kayrun

Post by kayrun »

Cullich wrote: 28 January 2021, 04:42 It would be really great if the alhambra area could be independently resized or scrolled, kind of like Carcassonne. I was having difficulty with tiles going off the edge of it and not being able to see or click there. I could resize the whole browser screen to make it fit, but then other things moved around, and I was constantly having to resize my browser during turns to be able to see everything the way I wanted. Given those tiles can go out of the idea dedicated to them, it only seems logical to me to make that area independent size-wise.
I totally agree with this post!
Also, when I get lots of money cards, they cover some of the buildings in the right sidebar & I cannot easily compare my buildings with my opponents' (unless I click my Ctrl minus down to about 70%)
I know in Marram it is possible to scroll up or down to make the board larger or smaller & it's very convenient as tiles are added.

Thanks to the devlopers for all of the recent updates -- makes the game altogether more enjoyable.
Majdina

Post by Majdina »

I have the same problem with placing tiles that are on the edge of area. I see whole areas of my opponents, but I can´t see my whole area and it´s frustrating :cry:
RayasRouge

Post by RayasRouge »

I agree with BooChiouaoua who wrote:
Great game. Well done on adapting it to BGA. I would like to just add one suggestion. I dont know what scoring phase the game is currently in. 1, 2 or 3? Can you add that to display?
It could be done easily, instead of the crown situated above the first player information (the crown shows an information about the scores we already have beyond the cards board). Thanks
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

RayasRouge wrote: 06 February 2021, 16:34 It could be done easily, instead of the crown situated above the first player information (the crown shows an information about the scores we already have beyond the cards board). Thanks
Not if you play on small screen. That's precisely the reason why it's here.

Return to “Alhambra”