'13 Shares' scenario in 3 player

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
EndSoul

'13 Shares' scenario in 3 player

Post by EndSoul »

Hi there,

We encountered a situation when playing 3 player advanced rules. We had a player who had 12 certificates, and one of his companies was taken from him by another player purchasing a majority share. This resulted in a scenario where the player gave their directorship certificate to the other player, and received the preferential share and one normal share in return to make up the 30 percent, resulting in them having 13 certificates.

In this scenario the player with 13 stocks was forced to sell a stock (in one of their companies). There's nothing in the rules about this, I assume the intention is you MUST sell down to 12 shares?

What would happen if you'd only bought shares in all current companies this stock phase prior to the above 13 share scenario, and therefore weren't eligible to sell ANY stocks?

Cheers,

EndSoul
Nickelz

Re: '13 Shares' scenario in 3 player

Post by Nickelz »

I think I might have seen this answered in BGG, but you can always sell. The limitation is that you can't buy a company if you've sold it in that stock round.

Return to “City of the Big Shoulders”