Concept - Turn Based

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
MrXuma

Concept - Turn Based

Post by MrXuma »

Hello there!

I was enjoying playing Concept with some friends in turn based mode. Even knowing it's not the most fair or fun way, it is convenient for us due to different time zones and lifestyles.

After the last game we noticed it is not possible to create a turn based game again. Is this an intentional decision, or is it a temporary problem?

Thank you very much :)
RicardoRix

Re: Concept - Turn Based

Post by RicardoRix »

Yes, I played turn-based without problems.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

MrXuma wrote: 03 November 2020, 21:03 Hello there!

I was enjoying playing Concept with some friends in turn based mode. Even knowing it's not the most fair or fun way, it is convenient for us due to different time zones and lifestyles.

After the last game we noticed it is not possible to create a turn based game again. Is this an intentional decision, or is it a temporary problem?

Thank you very much :)
The publisher asked to disable turn-based games and that was indeed disabled a couple days ago.
MrXuma

Post by MrXuma »

Tisaac wrote: 03 November 2020, 22:18 The publisher asked to disable turn-based games and that was indeed disabled a couple days ago.
Oh, thanks for explaining! Any reasoning behind that decision from the publisher?

By the way, thank you for coding so many amazing games on BGA :) I've been really enjoying your work! Congratulations
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

MrXuma wrote: 04 November 2020, 12:42
Tisaac wrote: 03 November 2020, 22:18 The publisher asked to disable turn-based games and that was indeed disabled a couple days ago.
Oh, thanks for explaining! Any reasoning behind that decision from the publisher?

By the way, thank you for coding so many amazing games on BGA :) I've been really enjoying your work! Congratulations
Well basically the reason is "it's not a good game in turn based, it's not intended to be played this way" :)
Cabrera1961

Post by Cabrera1961 »

I played with great pleasure at Concept.
However, after a few games you realise that the same words to be guessed come back, in one afternoon, the game is already no longer as attractive because of the redundancy of the words to be guessed. I don't dare to imagine what it feels like after 50 games, just a sprint to answer. It's an understatement to say that the amount of words to guess is insufficient, destitute would be the right word. A huge flaw for a very good game.
J'ai joué avec grand plaisir à Concept.
Par contre, au bout de quelques parties on se rend compte que les mêmes mot à deviner reviennent, en une après-midi, le jeu n'est déjà plus aussi attrayant à cause de la redondance des mots à deviner. Je n'ose pas imaginer ce que ça fait après 50 parties, juste une course de vitesse pour répondre. C'est peu de dire que la quantité de mots à deviner est insuffisante, indigente serait le juste terme. Un énorme défaut pour un très bon jeu.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

Cabrera1961 wrote: 08 November 2020, 18:53 I played with great pleasure at Concept.
However, after a few games you realise that the same words to be guessed come back, in one afternoon, the game is already no longer as attractive because of the redundancy of the words to be guessed. I don't dare to imagine what it feels like after 50 games, just a sprint to answer. It's an understatement to say that the amount of words to guess is insufficient, destitute would be the right word. A huge flaw for a very good game.
J'ai joué avec grand plaisir à Concept.
Par contre, au bout de quelques parties on se rend compte que les mêmes mot à deviner reviennent, en une après-midi, le jeu n'est déjà plus aussi attrayant à cause de la redondance des mots à deviner. Je n'ose pas imaginer ce que ça fait après 50 parties, juste une course de vitesse pour répondre. C'est peu de dire que la quantité de mots à deviner est insuffisante, indigente serait le juste terme. Un énorme défaut pour un très bon jeu.
And how is that related to the topic of this thread ??
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

Tisaac wrote: 08 November 2020, 19:37 And how is that related to the topic of this thread ??
The answer spamming effect would be far more severe on turn-based games than real-time games.

Return to “Concept”