All games start simultaneaously. Bug ?

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
CaKtus

All games start simultaneaously. Bug ?

Post by CaKtus »

I'am very surprised and pissed to have 14 games to manage simultaneously in this tournament (https://boardgamearena.com/tournament?id=64677).

Could this be a voluntary setting and in that case how could I have seen it when I subscribed ? Or is it a bug ?
Robo65

Re: All games start simultaneaously. Bug ?

Post by Robo65 »

It's the default setting for round robin tournaments that all games start at once.

You can create a schedule, there's a sub-page for that when you create the tournament. But then, you can't distribute the games in batches, like 5 games in Week 1, next 5 in Week 2, and so on. Scheduled games must not overlap in the timeline, the tournament system does not allow for that. Which is plain nonsense, because you can easily manage 5 games in parallel, but 14, yes, that's quite a job and it creates stress for some people. I lost some tournament players because of that.

I discussed that with Sourisdudesert (if I remember correctly...) and he told me that there would be no need for that. Just choose a longer time frame for the games. The stress of having lots of open games wasn't a thing for him. And I think that he had the Arena on priority at that time.

That's why I create my river picnic series in Carcassonne with the maximum time of 30 days. Most games are over in one week, some are not, some still time out (because there are players who try to do 300 time based games in parallel and drown in the flood). For us normal people, it can still get stressful when you have several of games open from the last week and the next Tournament Week swamps you with 14 new games :D

Robo
NCFCRulz

Post by NCFCRulz »

This should be sorted. Many people want this feature
Sploin

Post by Sploin »

Same, this should be implemented. Simultaneously round robin does not make sense.
I am shocked to see that i have sudden 5 matches at same time with 6 players. Round Robin is excellent idea. But please rotate after each match is finished.
NCFCRulz

Post by NCFCRulz »

They haven't bothered to update the tournaments area for years on this site. They basically don't care for it and will never change it. We are stuck with a great site with a very very poor tournament system. I could bloody programme the needed changes in a week
T72on1

Post by T72on1 »

NCFCRulz wrote: 12 November 2022, 22:08 They haven't bothered to update the tournaments area for years on this site. They basically don't care for it and will never change it. We are stuck with a great site with a very very poor tournament system. I could bloody programme the needed changes in a week
I have a hard time believing that they don't care. So if you can really program everything needed in a week time, just consult them, and they might very well happily accept your help.

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”