Challanges

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Jo D xxx

Challanges

Post by Jo D xxx »

I don´t quit get how challanges work here on BGA. Is there a Dictionary working in the back, or is every challange an automatic loose for the one who is challanged?

We played with german Words and every single Challange was going through even with only 1:3 votes against the word that was played.

Hope you understand what i mean.
Usay Dress A H

Re: Challanges

Post by Usay Dress A H »

Jo D xxx wrote: 10 November 2020, 20:59 I don´t quite get how challanges work here on BGA. Is there a Dictionary working in the back, or is every challange an automatic loose for the one who is challanged?

We played with german Words and every single Challange was going through even with only 1:3 votes against the word that was played.

Almost all linguistics-related games use the Official Scrabble Dictionary.
My username ends with a capital H and a space bar.
GeraldineMerida

Post by GeraldineMerida »

Usay Dress A H wrote: 18 November 2020, 09:50
Jo D xxx wrote: 10 November 2020, 20:59 I don´t quite get how challanges work here on BGA. Is there a Dictionary working in the back, or is every challange an automatic loose for the one who is challanged?

Almost all linguistics-related games use the Official Scrabble Dictionary.
But this game does not, sadly. And the option for non-American English speakers is AWFUL. Recent words I have had disallowed include 'aieee', 'bespoil', 'teazer': all perfectly valid scrabble words. Meanwhile, my opponent was allowed to play 'kidnapers'. It feels like a coin toss all too often to see whether a word will be accepted. It is talking all the fun out of this game for me, and certainly makes a nonsense of ELO rankings.

Why can't you use a reputable dictionary for British English speakers, like the OED?
MisterTom

Post by MisterTom »

The non oed aspect is particularly annoying in combination with manual challenge. Have had various words disbarred also ( which almost invariably costs the game).

Return to “Letter Tycoon”