Going last

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
sweetandcool

Going last

Post by sweetandcool »

I know that sometimes on BGA games can slightly diverge from the original rules, if the publisher is okay with it.

Therefore, I'd like to make a suggestion:

After all carpets are laid down, play one last round where nobody lays any carpets down. This gets rid of the huge disadvantage the last player has.

In case it isn't clear, the huge disadvantage that the last player has is that nobody moves after they lay down their final carpet.
sweetandcool

Re: Going last

Post by sweetandcool »

Anybody have any thoughts? I don't mind if nobody agrees, but some form of response would be nice.
GeraldineMerida

Post by GeraldineMerida »

I think it's a good idea, as an optional variant.
CB Droege

Post by CB Droege »

Unless it's an official variant in a rulebook somewhere, BGA will not implement it, by general policy. If you can present a link to some official source (from the game designer or puvlisher) that this is an official rules variant, then it may be added, if the Dev is interested in doing the work.
voriki

Post by voriki »

Indeed, it needs to be an approved rule by the publisher.
Otherwise there are a gazillion of house rules to implement.

Sure, you can never truly balance games where players take turns, but one time you go first, one time you go last, that's life.
sweetandcool

Post by sweetandcool »

Sorry for my mistake. I know that in the game Coup, they made changes on BGA that are not in a rulebook or part of an official variant. The changes were brought about because somebody posted a good idea on the forums. That's why I thought it would be possible for Marrakech, if people agreed, the publisher was okay with it, and a developer bothered to implement it.
Cullich

Post by Cullich »

Agreements with different publishers can be different, so you can't assume that what happens with one game can work the same with another. But certainly they didn't do anything with Coup that wasn't part of their agreement.
sweetandcool

Post by sweetandcool »

I never asserted that the change I suggested was possible or necessary. I don't magically know what the agreements for different games are. Some games (like Coup) this type of suggestion may be possible to implement, other games it wouldn't be possible for the reasons you and others have stated.

In my original post I even declared the caveat that the publisher would have to be okay with it. I don't understand why it's necessary to keep repeating it.

Return to “Marrakech”