House Rule - Score of 0 "shoots the moon"

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
pakfront

House Rule - Score of 0 "shoots the moon"

Post by pakfront »

We play 6 Nimmt as our last game for most of our friends board game nights. We have a house rule we enjoy, as it keeps the game alive 'til the very end. We make a final score of exactly 0 "shoot the moon," that is, it automatically wins. It gives those with low scores something to aim for and mixes up the predictability a bit.
We'd love to see it as an official rule option, but even if it's can't be added, it's a fun house rule for informal games.

Thanks for all the great work, BGA team!
just_some_dude

Re: House Rule - Score of 0 "shoots the moon"

Post by just_some_dude »

yes please!
kromato4

Post by kromato4 »

This variant is great. Adds some fun tension when you have a low score.
KatBam

Post by KatBam »

Hi!

I wanted to also vote for adding this as a variant. It makes the game so much more fun for players who are both excelling and those who are not. If you have never tried, please do. There is nothing better than having some bad luck with a lower score but then having a second chance with the shoot the moon variant. When someone does try to hit zero, I’ve seen it time and time again that then whole group roots them on. This doesn’t need to be available always however please make this an optional variant. I just got my first zero and am thrilled but this was noted as 4th place in the official record of the game.

This variant really adds something unexpected and fun for all players and keeps more engagement.

Many thanks!

Return to “6 nimmt!”