Terrible algorithms

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
dj greek salad

Terrible algorithms

Post by dj greek salad »

How have the administrators not addressed the issue with the lousy algorithms in this game? I hear complaints over and over from fellow players and am sick and tired of it myself. Win 20 in a row, lose 20 in a row. Repeat. Skill level of opponent irrelevant. Fix the gameplay.
Tisaac

Re: Terrible algorithms

Post by Tisaac »

dj greek salad wrote: 15 November 2020, 13:15 How have the administrators not addressed the issue with the lousy algorithms in this game? I hear complaints over and over from fellow players and am sick and tired of it myself. Win 20 in a row, lose 20 in a row. Repeat. Skill level of opponent irrelevant. Fix the gameplay.
Lol. Just play a game without luck if you don't like it
Peyrol

Post by Peyrol »

Out of curiosity, what exactly is the problem with the algorithm? Are the dice rolls unfair? If so, has this been reported as a bug?
nccc

Post by nccc »

Terrible algorithms?
can u prove it?
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

dj greek salad wrote: 15 November 2020, 13:15 How have the administrators not addressed the issue with the lousy algorithms in this game? I hear complaints over and over from fellow players and am sick and tired of it myself. Win 20 in a row, lose 20 in a row. Repeat. Skill level of opponent irrelevant. Fix the gameplay.
So you're suggesting that the game somehow has access to your previous history and decides whether you should win or lose and gives you dice rolls accordingly. That's some pretty impressive coding - kudos to the developers.
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

I wonder what happens when two players who have each won 15 in a row are matched with each other.
Cullich

Post by Cullich »

It implodes
Hane1

Post by Hane1 »

Backgammon is a shit game here.
I have never seing a bad game like this.
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

Hane1 wrote: 27 November 2020, 22:26 Backgammon is a shit game here.
I have never seing a bad game like this.
Such a bad implementation that you've played over 2000 games of it, and less than 450 of all other games combined....
Radio6969

Post by Radio6969 »

I find it hard to believe anyone who has played more than a hundred games of backgammon on this site can take it seriously.

Even the people defending it only have "lol you lost and are mad" type responses. I come to this site to play backgammon without any timer stress, but it is a very, very poorly written algorithm. I am tempted to take notes but its not worth it to me. Backgammon on this site is very unnatural.

Return to “Backgammon”