Quality of illustrations ?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Jaipur_59

Quality of illustrations ?

Post by Jaipur_59 »

Hello,

Thanks a lot for making Seasons available on BGA !!

Just one question :
I'm surprised by the poor quality of cards illustrations on the screen.
Seasons - the "real" game - has wonderful illustrations and it is really pity that the digital version has very low resolution images.

Is it a constraint imposed by the editor ?

btw, a better resolution would also allow tablet users to zoom and be able to read texts on the cards.

Thanks for your response,
Jaipur.
CB Droege

Re: Quality of illustrations ?

Post by CB Droege »

This discussion has come up before for other games, and the response from the site owners is that they specifically want the site usable by anyone in the world, even on junk connections, thus they cap the resolution of the images to help with download times.
Jaipur_59

Post by Jaipur_59 »

Ok thanks for the reply.
I've seen in recent games on BGA the option to turn graphics High/Low (with 7 Wonders Duel for example).

I could be a good way to satisfy everyone.

Best regards,
Michaël.
Scott_wmu

Post by Scott_wmu »

I just started playing Seasons and am really disappointed by the quality. I can’t read the cards and tool tips only pop up for half of the cards on my iPhone12 (not ancient technology). The high/low resolution would be super cool if the download speed was a problem.

Does anyone have a website or other resource that has full images of the cards so I can read them? I found one resource on BGG files, but it was text and I want the images if possible.

- Scott
jbrodack

Post by jbrodack »

This is one of the earlier games I've played on BGA. I went back to it and wow it's basically unreadable. The only way to read the care is to long press and get the tool tips. Some more recent games like Stella look amazing. The seasons adaptation could use a refresh mainly with better quality cards.
blossom-

Post by blossom- »

+1 to the idea of high quality cards. Give the option for lower res as a toggle.
smugskull

Post by smugskull »

Scott_wmu wrote: 03 March 2021, 18:01 I just started playing Seasons and am really disappointed by the quality. I can’t read the cards and tool tips only pop up for half of the cards on my iPhone12 (not ancient technology). The high/low resolution would be super cool if the download speed was a problem.

Does anyone have a website or other resource that has full images of the cards so I can read them? I found one resource on BGG files, but it was text and I want the images if possible.

- Scott
Same thing here, impossible to read on a iPad and the zoom works like 10% of the time. :(
QuenT1T

Post by QuenT1T »

hi,
i join the subject because the quality is poor, too bad for a amazing game.
There is few years the internet connection was low ok, but now it's ok for high resolution.
please please make something.
Can the developper answer us ?
thanks in advance
Lazy Jay

Post by Lazy Jay »

I second this. The images are practically unreadable and the beautiful art on the cards is practically butchered. It's sad honestly, this needs a desperate fix especially considering how popular the game is with BGA users.
Bifurcator1043

Post by Bifurcator1043 »

I third this. Higher quality card imaged with readable text would be great!
I would very much like to play (with a friend), but it has been a (very long) while since we/I played the physical version and getting back into the game without being able to easily read what the cards do (plus some other missing quality of life features) seems very daunting.

Return to “Seasons”