Expansion Plans?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
egag21

Re: Expansion Plans?

Post by egag21 »

This is one of my favorite games on BGA. Can't wait for the expansions! It'd make a great Christmas present, BGA! ;) ;)
QuietOne

Post by QuietOne »

Hi, I really like Kingdom Builder, and I have Big Box, but I don't play it as much as I do digital version. I would really like to be able to play them here. If I understood correctly, we are waiting for publisher to approve it, but if the problem is that there are no/enough developers that could make it, you can ping me. I don't know what technology/framework you are using, but I hope I could be of an assistance.
ahyangyi

Post by ahyangyi »

Speaking of which, the re-implementation of this game, Winter Kingdom, is from the same publisher.

Does this mean that we would receive Winter Kingdom before Kingdom Builder expansions? That sounds like... both a good news and a bad news :P
AndyM

Post by AndyM »

Im hoping they get some expansions on here before I die. That would be so great!!
Jeno73

Post by Jeno73 »

I don't know about the legal limitations and obstacles, but once those are resolved, I would happily contribute to the implementation of the expansions, if that helps. I understand that it might require commitment, and significant amount of time sacrificed.

Great implementation btw. :)
AnarchistLynel

Post by AnarchistLynel »

I would also love to see the expansions come to BGA. Would contacting the publisher be helpful?

I did about 5 minutes of research, and it would seem that Queen Games is the original publisher of the game.

https://new.queen-games.com/en/start/

I looked all over their site, and there was no reference to Kingdom Builder except the menu item where it says you can play online. So - I found that to be odd.

There is a place where you can contact them.

I don't know.... maybe there just isn't enough demand for anyone to care at this point? The game was originally published 11 years ago, the last expansion was 6 years ago... but, this still remains one of my favorite all-time games. I haven't gotten to play the expansions NEARLY as much as I would like, simply for the fact that games that are implemented online are much easier to play (vs going to a friend's house, playing with them, etc.)
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

AnarchistLynel wrote: 09 October 2022, 12:16 I would also love to see the expansions come to BGA. Would contacting the publisher be helpful?

I did about 5 minutes of research, and it would seem that Queen Games is the original publisher of the game.

https://new.queen-games.com/en/start/

I looked all over their site, and there was no reference to Kingdom Builder except the menu item where it says you can play online. So - I found that to be odd.

There is a place where you can contact them.

I don't know.... maybe there just isn't enough demand for anyone to care at this point? The game was originally published 11 years ago, the last expansion was 6 years ago... but, this still remains one of my favorite all-time games. I haven't gotten to play the expansions NEARLY as much as I would like, simply for the fact that games that are implemented online are much easier to play (vs going to a friend's house, playing with them, etc.)
Things are moving forward slowly. The future might bring some good news at some point.
Boquinha

Post by Boquinha »

Tisaac wrote: 09 October 2022, 19:52
Things are moving forward slowly. The future might bring some good news at some point.
This would be AMAZING!! I've been playing this game like crazy with friends and family on BGA and we would all LOVE to see expansions! Thanks for all you do!
waxwings

Post by waxwings »

I'd like to jump aboard this thread and say I'd LOVE to see some Kingdom Builder expansions!
Jaxsnop

Post by Jaxsnop »

News!?

Return to “Kingdom Builder”