New version?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
HolyTispoon

New version?

Post by HolyTispoon »

Will the game be updated to the new version? I don't know the game well enough but it seems a lot more streamlined and it's really confusing to try and learn the old version now that I got the new version...
Friedrich73

Re: New version?

Post by Friedrich73 »

Most likely not.
The difference isnt huge.
One less rescource, wine or Oil if i remember correctly.
The game is three rounds instead of four to name a few things.

You should be able to pick it up after a test game.

The rules arent that hard but its very easy to do mistakes.
If you do a mistake early you might med dead, maybe that has changed somewhat in the new version, but since the game ends three rounds you dont have much time to come back.

I think they should have put a lot of effort into doing something to improve the Siege mechanic, from what I understand its left as before.
hsquid

Post by hsquid »

Any more news on this?
calfred

Post by calfred »

Friedrich73 wrote: 04 December 2020, 18:36
I think they should have put a lot of effort into doing something to improve the Siege mechanic, from what I understand its left as before.
They did actually adapt the siege mechanic. In the new rules, a failed siege provides you with a +1 at the dice draw for the next attempt (for this polis and during the same round). This makes it a bit less frustrating.

Another rule modification is projects. The projects are a bit cheaper imho and more available (3 in alpha round, 4 in E round and 5 in Omega round). This also strengthens the civ side of the game.
Kritzin

Post by Kritzin »

I suppose the ideal is to be able to choose any of the 2 versions to play on BGA. I for one enjoy both, the first edition being a tougher, meaner, harsher game. I also suppose that given that this is one of the less popular, more niche games, it will not be a priority for BGA to spend further time and money to develop the second version as well.

Return to “Polis: Fight for Hegemony”