Separate ELO point of 7WD and 7WD Agora

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
jean roucas

Separate ELO point of 7WD and 7WD Agora

Post by jean roucas »

Hi,

i don't know if it's possible to separate ELO point / Arena Season point of 7 Wonders Duel (base game) and Agora (Extension) ?

Two different Season, one for 7WD and one for agora ?

Thanks for game the BGA Team :D
frankenStain

Re: Separate ELO point of 7WD and 7WD Agora

Post by frankenStain »

Would second that.
CB Droege

Post by CB Droege »

This kind of thing has been suggested before for other games, and the answer is essentially: Where would you draw the line, if we start making multiple rankings for different forms of specific games, we need different rankings for different players numbers? different board layouts? and for games with many expansions, do we need a different ranking for each possible combination of expansions? To make this easy, the BGA owners have decided that every game will have one ranking, no matter the configuration.

The compromise is that seasons of the Arena mode will change rule-sets occasionally, giving players who like different rules a chance to play those rules competitively for a bit.
jean roucas

Post by jean roucas »

I can imagine that if we grant this for SWD & SWD Agora, it will snowball on others ...
I understand, although it's frustrating not to have two different ELOs, in order to see its progress, because agora is really very different from the base game, and in my opinion it will take a lot of games to master it, and that the ELO is perfect to represent his level, but also that of his opponents.

Personally, I master SWD, but very far from mastering SWD Agora ... and therefore my ELO does not reflect at all my level and my progress on Agora

We're going to do this the old-fashioned way in training mode :)
thank you again for the work you do

Return to “7 Wonders Duel”