Game Rules

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
999 Purple

Game Rules

Post by 999 Purple »

Are phrases allowed in the names or is it one word only?
Spiegel428

Re: Game Rules

Post by Spiegel428 »

I've been playing with phrases, for what is worth.

However I wonder about phrases starting with the/a/an.
999 Purple

Post by 999 Purple »

Spiegel428 wrote: 01 December 2020, 23:34 I've been playing with phrases, for what is worth.

However I wonder about phrases starting with the/a/an.
I would agree with your interpretation. Phrases should be allowed, however, not a or an . That would make any picture much easier to name
twistoffate1

Post by twistoffate1 »

When I read the rules, it seems the only guidance is whether the next title begins with one of the last two letters from the prior title. And players "vote if they agree the naming fits."

So basically we could just make every title an identical palindrome (dad, mom, radar), and that'd be just fine as long as half of the others say it fits the picture?

1. Dog
2. God
3. Dam
4. Mad

I feel as if something must be missing. Otherwise I don't understand the point of the game.
Igthorn

Post by Igthorn »

I think it would be useful for there to be more restrictions - Certainly in English, being required to use both letters to start would provide a challenge. It appears to be a collaborative kind of game so one could collaborate on a Creation rule.

ie It must be and adverb, a three word phrase, an haiku, part of a particular genre etc
GeraldineMerida

Post by GeraldineMerida »

I play in a regular group and we make it more interesting by

a) requiring that all the captions tell a coherent story when put together
b) adding an extra requirement to specific games (e.g. all captions had to be a rhyming couplet last game).

I've played in other, more competitive games where people were very strict about captions fully fitting the picture, and we were able to differentiate between winners and losers without requiring that both final letters be used by the next captioner. (Can't really see that working anyway: what happens when someone ends with '-ing', for example?)

Return to “Illustori”