How to play the cartwright?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
tazocitrus

How to play the cartwright?

Post by tazocitrus »

Does anyone know how to use the cartwright option?
Een

Re: How to play the cartwright?

Post by Een »

It's used automatically if available (ie if you didn't use another official on a previous phase).
diamant

Post by diamant »

Officials should be displayed in the game area, and receive a token of the player’s color when one is employed. The carriage cards area has enough space for this.
Terrible Tom

Post by Terrible Tom »

I've never seen the Cartwright highlighted. It seems that it should be highlighted as soon as I start my turn and after I add 1 city to my hand. When the Administrator is available, there's a bubble that you click on to exchange the cards. No such mechanism seems to be available to select the Cartwright. Otherwise, we think that it's an excellent implementation of the boardgame, which we've played for quite a few years.
eric_tex

Post by eric_tex »

Has anyone discovered how to use the cartwright favor?
Vandaley

Post by Vandaley »

eric_tex wrote: 30 September 2021, 23:43 Has anyone discovered how to use the cartwright favor?
When you go to place houses, if you have it available (meaning you did not use your other special moves) it will apply it automatically. However, it will give you the option to not use it if you want, this really only comes into play in the end game if you do not want to move on to carriage 7 through the cartwright. I have played hundreds of games on BGA and only seen that happen one time.

Return to “Thurn and Taxis”