Another scoring question

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Filboid

Another scoring question

Post by Filboid »

I, too, have just played my first two games. At the end, the scoring summary lists victory points from goods. I can not find anywhere in the rules that explains points from goods. Can anyone explain this to me?
Jest Phulin

Re: Another scoring question

Post by Jest Phulin »

Number of goods remaining should only be used as a tiebreaker (following most Gold remaining). However, there are some goods cards that provide points (the silver pendants) directly, and I think the game tracks those.
sunflower9620

Post by sunflower9620 »

I was asking myself the same question. I bought only one sliver pendant, but I got 9 points for goods at the end of the game. I don't understand where these points come from.... :?: :?: :?:
BraveSassy

Post by BraveSassy »

Did anyone find an answer to the question about how we earn points from goods? Sometimes those points seem critical to the scoring at the end of the game, but neither my friend nor I can figure out how we've earned them! Eager to hear an answer if anyone has one. Thanks!
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

Could someone post a link to a table that shows this scoring? Without that, I am unwilling to track down all the possible sources.

Thanks.
MadSlantedPowers

Post by MadSlantedPowers »

Jest Phulin wrote: 10 December 2020, 06:06 Could someone post a link to a table that shows this scoring? Without that, I am unwilling to track down all the possible sources.

Thanks.
In this game, the table says I scored 20 points from Goods cards, but only 9 from playing Tribe cards. The Tribe cards I played have 23 point icons on them.
https://boardgamearena.com/table?table=134574341
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

Crud. When I replay that game, it doesn't allow me to see the statistics -- it locks on the game results page.

Hm, maybe I'll play a game myself and see if I can track it down sometime.
BraveSassy

Post by BraveSassy »

Jest -- I'd be really excited for you to figure it out! Thanks in advance for anything you can determine.... :)
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

Actually, I have no idea.

Looking at just the lines of points,

Code: Select all

MadSlantedPowers	Kahil01
Game result							1st (42)		2nd (23) 
Points earned with Goods cards					20			3
Points earned by playing Tribe cards				9			5
Points earned for Tribe cards bonuses at the end of the game	2			0
Points earned for complete rows bonuses at the end of the game	6			0
Points earned with the Silversmith				3			15
Points paid during raids					2			4
(sorry if the formatting doesn't line up -- it was the best I could do)

Let's see... 20 + 9 + 2 + 6 + 3 - 2 ... doesn't seem to add to 42
3 + 5 + 15 - 4 ... doesn't seem to be 23.

At this point I'm seeing there is something that doesn't look like the labels, but not clear as to what the mislabel is. I was thinking that it was the number of points earned for purchasing tribe cards (with goods) [IE, the number of points shown on the tribe cards]. That accounts for MadSlantedPowers' 20 points, but it should be 8 for Kahil01, not 3.
ufm

Post by ufm »

'Points earned with Goods cards' / 'Points earned by playing Tribe cards' stats are broken.
MadSlantedPowers gained 2vp from 1vp good cards, 4vp from '1vp per raid' tribe card in-game, and 23vp from playing tribe cards.
Kahil01 gained 8vp from playing tribe cards.

The point sum is correct, however the distribution is wrong.
This should be 2/27 for MadSlantedPowers and 0/8 for Kahil01, but the record is 20/9 and 3/5.
It is certain some tribe cards being classified as good cards for these stats.
All the other stats are correct.

Return to “Targi”