St Petersburg Line

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
zmanpe

St Petersburg Line

Post by zmanpe »

Regarding the St Petersburg line, does anyone actually use it as a strat or is it just get to 6 and get the advantage tokens? In the games I have played, I have not seen anyone do anything else on this line.

One thought I had was to switch the 6 and 7 on the line whereas you can start using the x2 for grey with a 6 locomotive.

How hard would this variant be to implement? Would it even be allowed?

Just curious.

Zmanpe
Patrick of the Isles

Re: St Petersburg Line

Post by Patrick of the Isles »

Yes, I find that in many cases a player who activates the Kiev medal will find it advisable to avoid the top track and instead score 14 points off of the middle track as a supplement to their bottom track and industry scoring in the final two rounds.

Since they already likely have the black track advanced to 6 and a train of high value on the middle track, the extra workers required to move the grey track forward to the seventh space may be fewer in number than would be required to score similarly on the upper track.

As a disclaimer, I mostly speak of two-player games. I find that Russian Railroads is a more beautiful and intricate game at 2 players than at the higher player counts. That is subjective and open to disagreement of course. :D

Return to “Russian Railroads”