LPP expansion on BGA

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
AnotherPlayer

LPP expansion on BGA

Post by AnotherPlayer »

What would it take to implement the expansion Late Preclassic Period on BGA. I think the publishers are willing to let BGA put this out, how can BGA get this started?
JamesWolfpacker

Re: LPP expansion on BGA

Post by JamesWolfpacker »

Yes, the base game and the first expansion, LPP, have very different strategies.

The Pyramid and Decoration boards are much improved and based on the number of dice and their power.

The Orange Temple track and its powers are a lot of fun.

The potential of a mask strategy is improved.

Locking dice is improved.

The asymmetric factions (choose 1 out of 2) is also more fun to play with.
Lemminkainen

Post by Lemminkainen »

I'd really like to see some or all of the expansions implemented here. Everything I've read about them suggests they really improve upon the base game, essentially re-balancing masks and worship.

Worship is too highly situational in the base game, especially at the expert/master level to be worth playing. Worship is also just too costly from a cocoa perspective because that "unlock fee" is better spent on virtually any other move(s), and worships do not power up your workers. According to BGA stats, all players average 2.18 worships per game, but winners average 1.84. I average 0.97, or about 1 per game on average. Many games see no worships at all across all players.

Masks are never worth getting because the wood/gold/cocoa costs associated with acquiring masks are better spent on pyramid building, tech, or any move that you need cocoa for! Want proof that masks are broken? Winners collect an average 0.19 masks per game in the first eclipse, 0.24 in the second, and the same number in the last eclipse. Almost all games show no mask collection at all across all players. Indeed only in 1/5th to 1/4th of games does a player collect a mask despite there being about 16 in the game, with plenty appearing in different spots/ways to acquire them.

Reference: https://boardgamearena.com/playerstat?i ... &game=1173

I have the base game, and my brother has the expansions, but we've yet to play them because that boy works too many dang hours, that and my ski trips.

Having additional features (or at least not broken ones) really just adds "dimension" to games. It's the difference between a game being a flat square, versus being a cube, versus being an M. C. Escher painting.

So yes, that's a long way of saying BRING ON THE EXPANSIONS!
5com8roid

Post by 5com8roid »

I would also like to support the request for the LPP expansion to be added to Teo on BGA.
Frooty_Bazooty

Post by Frooty_Bazooty »

Yes, I would also like to see the expansions for the same reasons; fixing the worship and mask situation.
Also to provide some variety as the replayability of the base game isn't huge
AnotherPlayer

Post by AnotherPlayer »

Frooty_Bazooty wrote: 14 October 2021, 05:16 Yes, I would also like to see the expansions for the same reasons; fixing the worship and mask situation.
Also to provide some variety as the replayability of the base game isn't huge
I respectfully disagree, the base game has a ton of replayability. Having the tiles placed out randomly, different penultimate end game scoring tiles, and different technologies all make this game highly repayable. Just because worshiping and masks aren't a the best strategies doesn't make it unreplayable.

Return to “Teotihuacan: City of Gods”